PDA

View Full Version : Linda Vaughn

Aggressor
September 6th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Miss Hurst Shifter was a featured speaker at the Macungie "Wheels of Time" Street Rod & Custom Car annual jamboree. I was there with my car by invitation to be part of a race car exhibit. There was always a long line of fans waiting to get her autograph. While many walked away with autographs I was probably the only one there to get her to pose with a car. I located a group of show committee officials and proposed my idea to ask for the photos. With their clearance, I then pulled my car within 10 feet of her and asked her for the photo op when she got a break in the action. She said she would if my car met two criteria. In a loud voice she then said "Is that a big block?" I said yes of course. The second question was "You Do have a Hurst Shifter in it ..... Don't You??". I hollered back "I would not have asked if it didn't". She laughed, walked over, and we got the photos.

-Geary

weaver
September 6th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Cool pics Geary, I met Linda years ago at SEMA Las Vegas, Paul Petersen was with us and he and Linda have known each other since the 60's, I wish I had taken pics back then.

dmswann
September 7th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Hot Rod magazine ran an article on the original HURST Oldsmobile 442 a few months back. The article included a couple of pictures of Linda. She is probably 5-years older than I, but seems to be holding "things" up better than I!

Naumoff
September 7th, 2011, 03:39 PM
You lucky dog. But you don't have a Hurst shifter in your car. Liar:D

Aggressor
September 7th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Tony ... It's true.
Aggressor carries a clearance modified Hurst Competition Plus below deck.
Topside the bent shifter, ring, and rubber boot are from Dan Williams Toploaders.

That is why I was so convincing when I responded in a clear, firm, and righteous voice to her question.

-Geary

PS: The coolest thing about owning & driving the cars that we own.
Chics dig it.

Naumoff
September 7th, 2011, 07:43 PM
OK you didn't lie all the way.:)

RJacobsen
September 7th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Geary, that is your wife taking the pictures, right? :rolleyes:

juanone
September 8th, 2011, 08:40 PM
You dogs, you!!!

RJacobsen
September 9th, 2011, 08:06 PM
See how it would be Juan if you had just kept your Unique.;)

eliminator
September 12th, 2011, 08:46 AM
In her prime she was a looker, met here in the 70's, wow!!!
Has held up well.....
And she has knows all the great drivers on a first name basis....

Slither
September 12th, 2011, 07:30 PM
http://www.uniquecobra.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2701&d=1315450101 (http://www.uniquecobra.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2701&d=1315450101)PS:

The coolest thing about owning & driving the cars that we own.
Chics dig it.

Looks like an FIA car down in the back there Geary... any idea if it's one of the gang?

By the way, how come your smiling even bigger in this photo:banana:?

[thumb][thumb]

Aggressor
September 13th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Rod, When you drive the cars we do, your lady gets used to the girls posing with your car. Sharon has asked me on different show occasions to breakaway from a conversation
because a girl wanted to be photographed with the car or wanted to present a trophy.
Sharon is one in a million though. She also knows I talk a good game but am as loyal as a puppydog.

Paul, The FIA is a ERA belonging to Bill Shoenshein.( I probably butched Bill's last name.) He bought the car in Washington State and had it shipped to Douglassville PA last year.
He is known as MrMustang on the SAAC website.

The big smile is because I was surprised when she grabbed my b***.

-Geary

Slither
September 13th, 2011, 07:17 PM
The big smile is because I was surprised when she grabbed my b***.
-Geary

[thumb][thumb]

Oh OK... and tell me again, how big was the one that got away?

I'm a little familiar with Bill's 289 saga... I think that car has a Mod-motor in it, no?

Aggressor
September 13th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Paul

Bout 5'10" in 3" heels.

2nd question response: As I recall it's 351 based.

-Geary

Slither
September 14th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Paul

Bout 5'10" in 3" heels.

2nd question response: As I recall it's 351 based.

-Geary

Oh well, sometimes you'll have that... By the way, those look like flip-flops;).

On the 289, I guess he could have swapped it out, but I thought he bought it with the other engine in it... it was a big deal over on CC a few months ago. I could be wrong... wouldn't be the first or last time:p!

Aggressor
September 15th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Paul - I stand corrected. The FIA does have the modular motor.

5' 6 1/2" in flops.
-Geary

Buzz
October 11th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Leafing through my Dad's Science & Mechanics and Popular Mechanics magazines as a kid, I developed a huge crush on Linda Vaughn. It must have been great to meet such an icon.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UHi6cqLc_OM/TbO1z6S34CI/AAAAAAAABl4/LAZGnB4G84M/s1600/hurst+linda+vaughn+ad.jpg

Speaking of Science & Mechanics back in the 60's - anyone remember Joe Gutts and Basil Thursday? Lol!