PDA

View Full Version : 2899521 Is Done

cwareham
August 7th, 2010, 10:26 AM
It's been a few weeks, but it's back together and back on the road after paint, body, and interior. Still a ton of little things to fix, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. Car drives amazing, Alan and crew you guys have done a great job with the kits!

I've uploaded a few pics here, and there are a bunch more at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/wareham/20100807289CobraPictures#

Roger R. - I need to connect with you for meatballs, Delin says your son does a great job with them.

Best!
Chris

pgermond
August 7th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Very, very nice. Great job, Chris! [thumb]

cwareham
August 7th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks Phil!

PhillipM
August 7th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Great job Chris, it looks like a nice day for a drive. I just got back from a 30 mile run and about to leave again.

Phillip

Slither
August 7th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Super! Looks great[thumb].

pbrown
August 7th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Nice job Chris.

weaver
August 9th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Your car looks great, I noticed the bandage on your wifes leg, I hope thats not a side pipe burn. Some people might not know you were living in Austin Texas when you started the build and you now live in Utah, get ready for a much cooler winter.

Alan

spd4me
August 9th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Chris - Love your wheels. What are they and where did you get them.
Bob

weaver
August 9th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Looks like American Torque Thrust to me.

davebetts
August 9th, 2010, 08:49 AM
I love the simple understated look of the car. Looks like is belongs from the 60's(wheels and lack of stripe). I bet the day will come when someone pulls up and underestimates what she's got.
Have fun - beautiful build - sunny side up!

Silk
August 9th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Chris,

Very nicely done!

spd4me
August 9th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Alan your right. American Racing. I like the beefy look. They say they are two piece and painted gray. But other sites say it's one piece. What happened to the old mag (magnisium) wheels? The only thing might not like would be to see through rear wheel at hub. Don't like these big wheels you can see through to a tiny disk or brake drum. Fronts would be okay with big rotors. Back not sure. I'll have to look for some at the next cruise in here in town.
Bob

Jim Harding
August 9th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Be proud Chris, you did one primo job [thumb] Like the wheels too.... but I'm a little biased, got em on the black one :cool:

MikeC
August 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Very nice car. Your 289 FIA looks great with no stripe and the five-spoke wheels.

How do you like the Kirkey Vintage seat? The fit in the car appears good. Comfortable? Anything special needed for the mounts?

Mike

Russ Dickey
August 11th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Chris:
AWESOME!

sllib
August 12th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Chris;
Great looking car. I have the Torque Thrust D's on my truck and a 17" variation on my car. Word to the wise: put a coat of wax on those wheels ASAP or you'll get the dreaded "black spots" !!

cwareham
August 14th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks fellas! Sorry it took me so long to respond, I've been on vacation this past week.

They are Torq Thrust Originals....I chose them for the vintage look, and because they fit pin-drive width axles on the car. (someday I may do sunburst halibrands.) It takes a spacer to get them to fit the way I want, but they're pretty close even without the spacer.

I got them from the TireRack 3-4 years or so ago. I don't have the part numbers, but here's the description from the invoices:

15x7 ARV Torq-Thrust Original LT GR ML
15x8.5 5-475 et-24 arv torq

FWIW, the tires are Indy Firehawks, and I like 'em a lot.

Alan-

Bandage actually wasn't a snake bite, but that does look just like a victim's bandage, eh?!

Best!
Chris