PDA

View Full Version : Initiation of new Member Forum?

mkassab
June 12th, 2010, 06:38 AM
I want to start to document my build and want to create a "build" forum in the Member Forum section. Can anyone advise where I start? In any case, I wanted to share what I'm doing, lots of picture of the parts and build, etc. etc.

Thanks Mark

mkassab
June 22nd, 2010, 04:15 AM
Well, this isn't good.... Not one reply on how to add a new forum in the Member Forum ?? :confused: I know it's possible, there are several there? I've sent PMs to the Member Forum moderator.... NO Reply ! I've sent PMs to our forum Administrator..... NO Reply ! Now what? I've literally hit a brick wall. :doh: Anyone with any ideas what to do next.... want to document my build.
Thanks Mark

Ric S.
June 22nd, 2010, 07:57 AM
Mark,

I do not have an answer to your question but if we keep this thread alive long enough, sooner or later, someone will step up to the plate. I documented my build as I am sure others did, but not through the forum. I would like to see another on-going build on the forum.

Good luck,

Ric

mkassab
June 22nd, 2010, 07:59 AM
Ric
I guess I can document the build on Club Cobra forum? Where/how did you document your build? Thanks Mark

RJacobsen
June 22nd, 2010, 08:00 AM
Mark, I'm not sure how to start a new build forum, mine was started several years ago and at the time the site was useing different software. get in touch with Patrick (Pbrown) he should be able to get you set up.

mkassab
June 22nd, 2010, 08:03 AM
Rod,.... I sent a PM to Pbrown over a week ago.... he's the moderator of the Member Forum site.... but no response? maybe on vacation.... I give it a bit more time I guess?

RJacobsen
June 22nd, 2010, 05:38 PM
You might try an e-mail to him.

pgermond
June 22nd, 2010, 09:51 PM
Patrick (pbrown) is the guy to talk to..... might try Facebook as well, as he has "friended" a number of us. Keep in mind this is vacation time also. I check in regularly when I'm around and, as you can see, it has taken me a while to come across your post.

Good luck....... don't give up, and keep us up-to-date. Lots of good folks here willing to give advice..... [thumb]

sllib
June 23rd, 2010, 04:53 AM
Mark;
Word to the wise: back up all your photos and TEST your back-up software before you need it. Don't ask me how I know this; my documentation project went down the digital sewer.
Bill

mkassab
June 23rd, 2010, 05:18 AM
Patrick (pbrown) is the guy to talk to..... might try Facebook as well, as he has "friended" a number of us. Keep in mind this is vacation time also. I check in regularly when I'm around and, as you can see, it has taken me a while to come across your post.

Good luck....... don't give up, and keep us up-to-date. Lots of good folks here willing to give advice..... [thumb]

Thanks... just went to facebook and did a search on pbrown. Found a pbrown in Washington.... is this the right pbrown? In any case, I sent him a message on facebook.... let's see what the results are.

mkassab
June 23rd, 2010, 05:19 AM
Mark;
Word to the wise: back up all your photos and TEST your back-up software before you need it. Don't ask me how I know this; my documentation project went down the digital sewer.
Bill

Bill, as they say in the south, "I hear that". I keep a backup on a sepeate drive.... two of them! I've Been there, done that on the "digital sewer"

Thanks Mark

RJacobsen
June 23rd, 2010, 07:33 AM
Thanks... just went to facebook and did a search on pbrown. Found a pbrown in Washington.... is this the right pbrown? In any case, I sent him a message on facebook.... let's see what the results are.

Washington state is correct.

mkassab
June 24th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Well, no luck. The pbrown in Washington on Facebook I PM'd replied and said.... I'm not the Unique Cobra pbrown.

So, I'm back to square one. Hopefully Patrick is on vacation and I'll hear something soon. :o

pgermond
June 24th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Patrick "Friended" on FB. He lives in Seattle, but there has been no activity on his Wall since February. I have his e-mail address if you are interested, but it is most likely the same one you have tried. Makes me wonder who has there hands on the steering wheel of this website/forum (if it goes down who is going to fix it!).

mkassab
June 24th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Patrick "Friended" on FB. He lives in Seattle, but there has been no activity on his Wall since February. I have his e-mail address if you are interested, but it is most likely the same one you have tried. Makes me wonder who has there hands on the steering wheel of this website/forum (if it goes down who is going to fix it!).

Phil, I'll try his email if you share it with me.

thanks Mark

pgermond
June 24th, 2010, 07:59 AM
You have mail.

mkassab
June 24th, 2010, 08:14 AM
You have mail.
got it.. thanks

Slither
June 24th, 2010, 10:16 AM
It seems I recall that Patrick was doing some traveling for work a while back... this might be ongoing. He was more difficult to reach the last couple of times I tried to contact him... took a while for him to get back to me. He is probably just busy:cool:. But he must be keeping an eye on the forum:confused:.

And Washington is correct... or it was.

pbrown
June 24th, 2010, 10:50 PM
The new forum has been created. I did not recieve a PM. Maybe it went to someone else. I did get an email this morning.

mkassab
June 25th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Thanks Patrick..... I'll start building the site in the coming days.... and will be working on it the rest of the year. :BEER:

Mark