PDA

View Full Version : Just back from SAAC 34

Aggressor
August 9th, 2009, 06:43 PM
We just rolled in last evening from SAAC 34. We logged almost 700 miles round trip averaging 16 MPG. I've wanted to take the car for a long run and she ran fine never missing a beat. SAAC was a most excellent experience. We registered 1:30 Thursday afternoon at the convention headquarters and participated through 5:00 Friday afternoon. Rick Kopek took time to look over my car at registration. After walking around the car with me his only negative comment was: "Her nose should be lower ... it's just a bit high". Friday morning we registered for the car show and Aggressor gathered many votes. The winners were announced Friday evening at dinner. Due to our schedule we were not able to attend so I'll have to wait to find out how we did at the show.
I'll post photos soon (Process time required -I highly prefer film to digital)

Sharon is still a real trooper. Early Thursday morning - 56 degrees - cruising about 80 mph, I looked over at her (with a big smile) and said (cheerfully) "Isn't this WONDERFUL - you just want to reach out and embrace the day" ...... to which she responded in a low voice ..... "Shutup and drive"

- Geary

pgermond
August 10th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Looking forward to the photos.... and congratulations may be in order. Your bride sounds like a real Trooper :D

Aggressor
August 11th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Here's a link from the SAAC Forum

There are 4 images of Aggressor on page 8

http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=5323.0

-Geary

pgermond
August 11th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Looks really, really good! Lots of nice shots of the other cars as well. Did you eliminate your front sway bar, or am I just blind?

Aggressor
August 11th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Look closer Phil

The 3/4" front bar is in place. It's really close to the radiator.

-Geary

Aggressor
August 14th, 2009, 11:28 PM
A few photos of the baby at SAAC.

Slither
August 15th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Looks good Geary[thumb]!!

Aggressor
August 17th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I am pleased to announce that our car took first at SAAC 34.

The results were posted yesterday on http://www.saac.com/

-Geary

pgermond
August 17th, 2009, 09:48 PM
As it should - Congratulations!!! :BEER:

Slither
August 19th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Yehaw[thumb]!! Way to go!!

Aggressor
August 19th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys,

Here's one of the highlights of the weekend.
There was a caravan of cars running from the SAAC headquarters to the Beaver Run Motorsports Race Complex. We started out late and ran with the car below. I did not get his CSX# but It's the real deal street driven. A couple from Ontario owned it. He had just opened up to pull alongside of us.
Well to sum it up ........ I'm lucky my wife still is considering speaking to me. She almost got the phrase "Don't Even think aboooout ittttttt" out of her mouth when it was too late.
We were side by side, pedal down, with clear highway ahead of us. Probably freaked out the State Troopers in a van parked about a mile up the road. Reflecting back, it was probably one of the better "OH Sh*****T" moments of my life. A scene straight out of Gumball Rally. So I'm ready to pull over, hand the man my ID, and say "put the cuffs on officer, take to where I'm supposed to go". "No problem officer ... I'll go peaceful". Never happened - never radioed ahead or nothin.

All I can say is one of the Gods was looking out for me that day.(Perhaps one of the lesser Dieties)

- Geary

PS - Aggressor really defended her honor that day.

RJacobsen
August 19th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Geary, didn't Cosby say that they hid in the trunk?:)

Aggressor
August 19th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Some images for your review.

-Geary

pgermond
August 19th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Thanks guys,

Here's one of the highlights of the weekend.
There was a caravan of cars running from the SAAC headquarters to the Beaver Run Motorsports Race Complex. We started out late and ran with the car below. I did not get his CSX# but It's the real deal street driven. A couple from Ontario owned it. He had just opened up to pull alongside of us.
Well to sum it up ........ I'm lucky my wife still is considering speaking to me. She almost got the phrase "Don't Even think aboooout ittttttt" out of her mouth when it was too late.
We were side by side, pedal down, with clear highway ahead of us. Probably freaked out the State Troopers in a van parked about a mile up the road. Reflecting back, it was probably one of the better "OH Sh*****T" moments of my life. A scene straight out of Gumball Rally. So I'm ready to pull over, hand the man my ID, and say "put the cuffs on officer, take to where I'm supposed to go". "No problem officer ... I'll go peaceful". Never happened - never radioed ahead or nothin.

All I can say is one of the Gods was looking out for me that day.(Perhaps one of the lesser Dieties)

- Geary

PS - Aggressor really defended her honor that day.

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!! [thumb]