Have a good day!!!!:BEER:

Steaks on the grill for everyone!:banana:

RJacobsen
June 21st, 2009, 12:39 PM
Steaks on the grill for everyone!:banana:

Tony, that an invitation?

pgermond
June 21st, 2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks, Tony - and the same to you. The wife and I jumped in the car went for a great drive (unseasonably cool here), stopped by the cemetery and placed some flowers on my Dad's grave, then my bride treated me to wonderful lunch. The kids are grown and have kids of their own, so it was a perfect day to relax and enjoy :)

Naumoff
June 21st, 2009, 05:17 PM
Tony, that an invitation?

Sure but I only have one steak left and it is first come first served.:D

RJacobsen
June 22nd, 2009, 07:58 AM
Sure but I only have one steak left and it is first come first served.:D

Tony, I'm going to take a rain check on that, so when we get together some day your buying, right?

robbinsshkr
June 22nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Hope you all had a great fathers day. My better half bought me a compression tester that will be used countless times. I have used them in the past to run a cylinder compression test, but last night i used the attatchment that threads in to the plug hole and throw the air to it so it won't drop a valve. [a bit more modern than threading a long peice of nylon rope through the plug hole for the same effect]I didn't have any valve work to do, but i figured I'd use it and try to find the location of my leak[s]. I got a quick lesson in how a steam engine works!!!!!!
as you know, i had already removed my intake, rockers, push rods, spark plugs, etc and was so very careful to mark the distributor so it would drop right back in the same place, trying to think smart and think ahead.
I guess I got overly excited with my new fathers day gadget, I forgot about "every action having an opposite reaction" or however that phrase goes. anyway, as most of you have already figured out the outcome....., I laid the air to it, just to watch my engine come to life. No fuel, no spark, and for a breif moment, no common sense :D. Needless to say, i lost my perfectly marked distributor location and had never marked the balancer, knowing i wasn't gonna turn the engine over, or better said.....Not thinking I was gonna turn the engine over! Oh well, finding where to drop the dist back in wont be hard and i got a chuckle out what happened. DUH!
Eddie

Naumoff
June 22nd, 2009, 06:22 PM
Tony, I'm going to take a rain check on that, so when we get together some day your buying, right?
Sure Rod!
I am desperatly trying to make it to Homecoming in 2010.
I will start to plan now. I have a job with paid leave now and should be able to plan for the trip. I can buy you a steak dinner there if you bring your car. My oldest will graduate from high school next year but that should not cause a conflict.

Eddie,
You have no worries. it is easy to set the dizzy in the right spot and fire her right up.

Slither
June 23rd, 2009, 03:02 AM
Hope all the dads out there had a great day[thumb]!

RJacobsen
June 24th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Sure Rod!
I am desperatly trying to make it to Homecoming in 2010.
I will start to plan now. I have a job with paid leave now and should be able to plan for the trip. I can buy you a steak dinner there if you bring your car.

That's going to make for an expensive steak dinner. Maybe we can meet up halfway

Naumoff
June 25th, 2009, 06:05 PM
That's going to make for an expensive steak dinner. Maybe we can meet up halfway
don't know about next year but another Run&Gun in a few years in Illinois.