PDA

View Full Version : Headlight switch

bittentoo
June 16th, 2009, 05:38 AM
In the process of getting the Orange POS ready for a vacation in Colorado and noticed that the headlights were acting flaky. It appears that the headlight switch is going south. Does anyone know what switch is used in our cars and can it be had locally?

Kelly

bittentoo
June 16th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Come on guys! Help me out, the Weavers are on vacation and I'm at work, not near my car. Hoping to locate a switch locally if I know what to ask for.

Brent
June 16th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Kell ole buddy I am just trying to get the newbies to post.

NAPA Echlin #HL6049 Without jobber price, list price is $12.49

This is a stronger 30 amp switch ILO the standard 15amp that came with the kit.

Naumoff
June 16th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Kelly,
I have seen headlight switches at the local Advanced auto parts store in the isles.

They look just like the cheap ones in our cars. Should get you through in a pinch if Napa does not stock them.

Hope this helps.

I put relays in for my headlights after fuse and other problems with having the TriBar headlights in with a higher amp draw. The switch would get so hot with the current of the headlights running through it. I also put the hi and low beams on relays so as not to have the power for the headlights running through the steering column.

bittentoo
June 16th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks Brent! Local Napa dealer has it in stock. Will pick it up on the way home.

Tony, I'm still using the Weaver supplied headlights so this should be a quick fix. I hope......

JeepSnake
June 16th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Kelly,

Don't mess up the knob from the old switch! You're going to want to use it on the new one. The one that comes on the Echlin switch is, well, pretty hideous.

ralphscott
June 16th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Kelly' the NAPA Echlin #HL6049 works fine with my Tribars.

I am a belt and suspenders guy so I would like to know more about what tony did..

Ralph

Slither
June 16th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I am a belt and suspenders guy so I would like to know more about what tony did..

Ralph

Yah Tony... what Ralph said;)!

eliminator
June 17th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Sorry Kelly "ole boy" but I converted to the Lucas 30 amp, period correct switch. This was part of the build process.

Have a great time in Colorado, I envy you and Jo. Post pictures on the return, have a safe trip.:)

Naumoff
June 17th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Have a good one Kelly.

Ralph and Paul

I will start another thread on the headlight wiring mods.

ralphscott
June 17th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Great thanks Tony

Ralph

bittentoo
June 17th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks for all the help. Bought the switch yesterday and will put it in this evening after work. I did notice that the Echlin switch had a white knob on it.

Slither
June 18th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Ralph and Paul

I will start another thread on the headlight wiring mods.

Thanks Tony!

bittentoo
June 18th, 2009, 01:33 PM
New switch in and working great! Wish everything else I've done to the car was this easy!!

Slither
June 18th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Wish everything else I've done to the car was this easy!!

Have a greaet trip Kel[thumb]... and be safe!

Naumoff
June 19th, 2009, 03:13 AM
You deserve a break Kelly.

Any pictures?:p