PDA

View Full Version : Steering Column

Bill D
May 9th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I understand the steering column has a turn signal lever. Is the steering colum set up to use a GM style wiring harness?

Jim Harding
May 10th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Bill, I don't know the maker of the steering column stalk control unit used by Unique, but it looks like the wiring harness connectors are done "in-house" to mate up with the rest of the dash wiring. It's definitely not GM, like Ididit uses. If you're going to "roll your own" dash harness, the manual supplied by Unique will make "interfacing" theirs with yours easy.

Bill D
May 10th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks Jim

rldunn7
May 11th, 2009, 08:45 PM
The steering column has a turn signal but it does not have auto shutoff.....all the wiring is in the wiring harness that you purchase...do not be intimidated by the mass of wires that are there....it is a simple operation...just take your time and if you have any questions just ask us....most of us have done our own work and can help you avoid some work!!!!! or when all else fails ask Maurice or Alan!!!!

Slither
May 11th, 2009, 11:57 PM
I thought I heard that the column was updated on newer versions to include the auto-shutoff blinkers. Did I get that wrong?

eliminator
May 12th, 2009, 05:13 AM
That be right!!!

Slither
May 12th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the clarification Rick... we appreciate your help[thumb]!