PDA

View Full Version : Battery Location

Bill D
April 16th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Where is the battery located? Pics

robbinsshkr
April 16th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Bill,
i haven't got to the point that i can provide you with pictures, but there should be plenty on here. all the ones i have seen are located in the left rear trunk area. i kinda considered placing the battery on the right side, opposite of the driver, but guys have brought up a good point of gas tube / fumes being that much closer to the battery. i am interested in finding out more about the new light weight batteries advertised lately that talk of the same cca, ect at 1/2 the weight. don't know of any users yet though. I di beleive i'll fabricate a support under the battery location from the chassis or ???if a heavier battery does get used.
thanks,
Eddie

Bill D
April 16th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks Eddie

ralphscott
April 17th, 2009, 12:33 AM
I have mine mounted in the trunk on the shelf directly behind the passenger.

Ralph

RJacobsen
April 17th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Mine is located in the passenger side quarter panal. The 289 uses a different fuel filler location.

robbinsshkr
April 17th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Like BillD, I would also love to see some pictures of alternate locations. i'm pleasantly surprised to hear a battery will fit on the upper tray, and not be sitting in the outer area of the inner trunk area :confused:,if that makes a lick of sense?
Eddie

Cobranut
April 17th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Bill,

I mounted an Odyssey PC1200 AGM battery on the passenger side adjacent to the fuel filler tube.
I built an aluminum tray and hold-down to support it.
I prefer the weight opposite the driver.

Later,
David

Where is the battery located? Pics

Bill D
April 17th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Thanks guys. I'm so looking forward to build a 289FIA just like the one in my avatar

ralphscott
April 17th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I have an Oddessy PC1200 on the upper shelf tight fit and I used a billet mount for the battery. Had my previous battery up there for 5 years it really helps with storage in the trunk as my interior quarters are carpeted.

Ralph