PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Lines

Bill D
April 13th, 2009, 04:39 PM
What size is the fuel line from the factory?

Is there a return line installed?

How far forward does it come? Engine bay?

Thanks
Bill D

eliminator
April 14th, 2009, 05:38 AM
See photo's , no return line from Unique. Hard line is 3/8" I think.

Bill D
April 14th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks Rick. Does the factory installed line go from the fuel tank to the engine bay? Does the builder then finish off the fuel line?

Bill D

scott h
April 14th, 2009, 05:34 PM
you get a length of 3/8 steel line along the frame rail. you need to provide fittings at the tank and plumb to the 3/8 tubing and from the other end to fuel pump (if using mech. pump)
i think a lot of folks run all new braided lines and electric pumps. etc. there is not a lot of room around the tank for an electric pump

weaver
April 15th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Bill we will install a return at no charge if you plan on running fuel injection.

Alan

eliminator
April 15th, 2009, 05:25 AM
The hard line is terminated at each end as in the picture. My electric fuel pump and racing fuel filter is mounted in front of the tank, if you look at the picture you can see both, (barely). My electric pump supplies 5-6 psi to the mechanical pump when called on.

Bill D
April 15th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Thanks Rick and Alan. I am currently planning on using a non-return regulator and a carb.

JeepSnake
April 15th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Bill,

I'd recommend going with a Carter electric pump that puts out 5-6 psi; then you can eliminate the regulator altogether. I've got the Carter P4070, rated at 72 gph @ 6 psi. Don't know if that would be enough volume for you, though. Their higher volume model also puts out higher pressure, so you wind up with a regulator again.

The other thing I like about the Carter is that it's quiet!

Bill D
April 15th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Thanks Zach. That's the model I plan to go with. I used two of those on my GT40. It should be plenty for my engine - a 331 with around 400HP at the crank