PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signal

Bill D
February 25th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Is the turn signal activated by a lever on the column or via a switch on the dash?

Thanks

JeepSnake
February 25th, 2009, 12:57 PM
By a regular lever on the column. Lever also does double duty as the headlight dimmer switch: front is high beams, middle is low, rear intermittent position is passing function (or, "woof, woof" as my uncle puts it). Just like a regular production car.

Oh, pushing in on the lever end triggers the horn, too.

Bill D
February 25th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I KNEW there was a reason why I like Unique Motor cars.

Thanks

sllib
February 26th, 2009, 05:08 AM
For God's sake, don't PULL OUT on the lever. That's the engine ejection switch!!

JeepSnake
February 26th, 2009, 05:52 AM
You ought to have seen the looks of surprise when we discovered that the end of the turn signal lever functioned as the horn button!

I didn't jump TOO high, I promise! :D

Bill D
February 26th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Guys, my mind is made up. I will definitely do a 289FIA and make t as close to an original as I can. Time to sell the 40

Silk
February 26th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Bill,

One question for you - why the decision to sell the GT 40? I've been coveting a 40 for some time and keep trying to figure a way to have both that and my FIA. Gotta have something for those rainy days. ;)

cal.cheesehead
February 26th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Bill I thought you wre going to stop by and see my 427 frame.

Bill D
February 26th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Bill,

One question for you - why the decision to sell the GT 40? I've been coveting a 40 for some time and keep trying to figure a way to have both that and my FIA. Gotta have something for those rainy days. ;)

Need the funds to purchase the Cobra kit

Bill I thought you wre going to stop by and see my 427 frame.

Last weekend was really bad for me - bad back. Could hardly move. How about this saturday?

Slither
February 26th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Bill,

Ya man, keeping 'em both would be awesome[thumb]!

diegokid
February 27th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Sometimes if the ground isn't good the horn button will deliver a nasty little shock, made me jump, made the wife knock the crap out of me when I asked her to push it!
:)

weaver
February 27th, 2009, 09:45 AM
You devil.

Naumoff
February 28th, 2009, 08:40 AM
I took my headlights out of my steering column.
I would loose the high beams with the tribars over heating the flat metal piece sending current to the lights by warping it away and breaking the circuit.

I set up a relay for the headlights and use a dash switch for the dimmer.
If I add a relay for the dimmer I will put control back on the column.
It is much nicer keeping both hands on the wheel when there is oncoming traffic.:)