PDA

View Full Version : its a small world

robbinsshkr
January 7th, 2009, 07:00 PM
:confused:I'm sure all of you have been watching the news about the boy that has been missing for xxxxxamount of years, but never reported it to anyone while keeping the $700 / month from the government. Turns out that the biological father is one of my local drivers. I even got a call from someone at DR.Phil's TV show trying to reach this guy. While i understand their are situations in which someone feels it's better to give a child up for adoption, i do not agree with the press my employee is getting over this entire ordeal and saying "he lost his son twice" the missing child / adult is now almost 21 and went to a foster home when he was 18 months old. this employee never looked back or thought twice about his decision, but now, almost 20 years later, he wants to look into the tv camera's and say he loved his son :(. I'm not trying to critisize, well.....maybe i am, but i know more of whats going on than is being told when the camera's turn on. two local news stations came to the office today interveiwing this driver without my knowledge or consent as i was traveling this morning.
I am not a happy camper. this should have been done outside of his place of employment. i just hope the young man is found!
Eddie

TurnpikeBoy
January 7th, 2009, 07:34 PM
My middle brother was a newspaper reporter/photographer/editor/etc for over 35 years - worked little local papers and that big rag in Atlanta. Fair to say he was well educated in the ways of the press.

To the end, his most urgent advice to me was...."Don't EVER talk to the press". And he was right. Avoid 'em Ed - and tell your employee to do the same. Truth generally doesn't sell newspapers, but sensationalized reporting sure does.

-Roger