PDA

View Full Version : Walk for a cure

weaver
September 12th, 2008, 07:44 AM
My daughter, Megan is walking 60 miles in downtown Atlanta on Oct 24th-26th as a participant in the Atlanta Breast Cancer 3-Day. She has committed to raise a minimum of $2,200 by October in order to participate. She needs help in reaching her goal. Any donation will be greatly appreciated by all involved and will assist in the finding a much needed cure for a horrible disease. Please visit her website at the3day.org/goto/mweaver1

Thanks to all Unique Customers who have already generously donated!!

Alan

robbinsshkr
September 12th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Alan, I will contact your daughter through her website and arrange a donation. it wasn't breast cancer, but i lost my best freind to another form of cancer september 30th, soon to be a year. i seen his battle from diagnosis until his last breath and you are right, it is a terrible disease! i will be honered to help.
Eddie

ralphscott
September 12th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Alan as you know I am a cancer survivor. Tell Megan I will commit to $1.00 a mile that she walks.

Come Guys Help out!!

Ralph

weaver
September 14th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Hey, this is Megan. I am so excited about the event next month!! I cannot wait to do my part in the fight against breast cancer. Those of you who have committed to helping me meet my goal of $2,200 by October are doing a wonderful thing!! Thank you so much. Please pass my website on to all of your friends and ask them to help as well!! We are close, but not there yet!!

http://the3day.org/goto/mweaver1

Thanks for all your help and support!

Megan

Jeff 427
September 15th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Megan,

I'm in for a $1.00 per mile also!!!

Thank You for your efforts and support in fight this disease.

robbinsshkr
September 15th, 2008, 09:04 AM
A dollar / mile, that's great guy's. They just approved the use of automobiles. Alan's daughter could easily rack up 2000 to 3000 miles before October gets here! Just pulling your leg. Alan & Meagan, I just wanted to let you know I will send out a flat amount donation in today's mail. Thanks again for what your doing. Eddie

weaver
September 16th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Megan has been walking up to 6 miles a day getting ready for the 60 she will walk soon. Remember the donations have to be in before she can walk, her goal is to raise more than the $2200.00 required.

Alan

ralphscott
September 16th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Alan wrote the check today and sent it to you.

Ralph

weaver
September 16th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks Ralph and Eddie, Megan is really excited about the walk and needs all the support she can get.

Alan

Tony Radford
September 16th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Come on folks. Megan has $600 to go just to qualify for participation. That's only a few tanks of 93 octane fuel.

Jeff 427
September 17th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Alan
All set, made donation through your daughters website!

Brent
September 17th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Anyone that has ever met Megan knows this walk is no surprise. SUPER person just like the rest of her family.

Glad to help, great cause!!

ps. Everyone should know her birthday is usually during "Homecoming"

will butterworth
September 17th, 2008, 06:37 AM
do i send the check and who to?Megan--cancer rate in alabama is higher than the national averageand cleburne county where we live has a higher rate of cancer per 1000 population than that for the state as a whole. Have no idea why--since our county is a bedroom county to calhoun west and carroll co., ga. to the east. We have no industry of any kind.Thank you and good luck on your walk. Will-alabama

weaver
September 17th, 2008, 11:31 AM
If you send a check make it out to Megan Weaver and she will email the funds to her account in your name. Send it to

Megan Weaver
2108 Argyle Way
Gadsden,Al 35904

Tony Radford
September 17th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Alan, you should put the website link into this thread. It makes it real easy to donate.

weaver
September 17th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Hey Guys-Thanks again to those who have already donated, and to those of you who are keeping this thread going--pushing for donations haha!! I am so excited about the event getting here!! Although my parents LOVE the fact that for at least 2-3 hours each night I am out walking---They say it's much quieter at night now. I'm not sure I understand :) If you haven't yet donated, I would greatly appreciate if you would! You can read exactly where the proceeds end up on the website. ALL of the money raised will aid in the cure for breast cancer in some way or another. It is a great cause and I am walking with pride, so that maybe one day soon, no one else will have to.

It is SO easy to donate on the website. You can print out a receipt for your donation right then and there! If you mail a check, I will print out your receipt when I pay online and mail it to you ASAP. THANKS AGAIN!

Megan

http://the3day.org/goto/mweaver1

pbrown
September 17th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I edited the URL in the last post to be a proper web link. You can just click on it now.

will butterworth
September 18th, 2008, 06:56 AM
check is in mail. Give Megan a great big daddy send-off hug.Will-alabama

weaver
September 18th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks Will, Ralph I got your check today and will add it to the web site.

Thanks, Alan

richardu
September 20th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I just made my contribution on Megan's web site. Good luck Megan and thanks for your efforts. My Mom died of cancer 7 years ago. The battle against this disease goes on. I know we'll fine a cure!

Dick

weaver
September 23rd, 2008, 05:58 AM
Thanks Dick, I recieved checks from Will Buttersworth, Ralph Scott and Pat Quattro and will post them on the 3 Day site asap. Thanks again for your support.

Alan

Slidewinder
September 23rd, 2008, 12:25 PM
The Slide's are on board!

Great cause and wonderful that you are participating!

Al

weaver
September 24th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Thanks Al, still looking for Georgia Bama tickets.

Alan

Slidewinder
September 24th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Alan, I haven't forgot about your tickets but, as you already know, they're very tough tickets to score but, I'm still working it so don't give up hope!!

And, speaking of hope, I haven't given hope on getting my gas gauge fixed!!!

Are you coming to Atlanta with Megan this weekend? Would love to have your gang come up to the house for dinner (no Cobra repairs required)!!

If nothing else, let me know where you'll be and maybe I'll cruise your way.

Al

Master
September 25th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Megan is very close to her goal[thumb];)

weaver
September 26th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Thanks Scott, your an all around good guy.

Alan

weaver
September 29th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Hey guys!! Thanks again for all of your donations!! I could not have reached my goal without your help! If you know anyone else who would like to donate, please tell them about my website at the3day.org/goto/mweaver1. We can never raise TOO much money for such a great cause!!
Thanks again!!

Megan