PDA

View Full Version : Brake plumbing question

cwareham
January 21st, 2008, 06:40 PM
Hi folks-

I'm getting ready to wrap up what plumbing there is left in the brake and clutch system, and I want to make sure I'm not missing something in how the brake lines are run.

The way the lines came in the deluxe pallet kit, there's a line for the rear brakes that runs from the distribution block in the rear, about 3/4 of the way up the inside of the driver's side framerail. From the master cylinder, there's also a line (presumably also for the rear brakes) that runs down the driver's side of the trans tunnel, and ends right right at the back end of the trans tunnel. These lines "overlap" one another by about 3 feet, but are run through different areas of the car.

The only thing I can think of is that these are two potential possibilities for the MC to the rear brakes, I'll pick the one that fits best, and uninstall the other, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I take one out.

Anyone seen this?

Thanks,
Chris

Naumoff
January 22nd, 2008, 03:10 AM
Sounds like the one 3/4 down the frame rail is for the Clutch hydraulic slave.
The one going to the rear of the car inside the trans tunnel is for the brakes.
Any pictures?

eliminator
January 22nd, 2008, 05:15 AM
Or the Clutch Hyd Throw Out Bearing, as some folks don't use Clutch Hyd slave cylinders.

scott h
January 22nd, 2008, 06:16 AM
follow the lines to the m/c's. the outside m/c is clutch. lots of past discussion one routing the lines so close to the headers. many have rerouted over the top of the footbox and or inside the cockpit.

cwareham
January 22nd, 2008, 07:37 AM
Guys-

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have the clutch line connected to the slave already....it's not the clutch. I can take pics this evening when I get back to the house, but basically what I have is:

clutch master to clutch slave connected
Front brake master to front brakes connected
A brake line runs from the master cylinder to the end of the inside of the trans tunnel
A brake line runs from the rear brake t-fitting up the inside of the framerail

I can clearly see how to run the brake lines independently of this apparent redundancy, but I just wanted to see if there's something I'm missing with the existence of what appears to be an additional line.

Thanks,
Chris

weaver
January 22nd, 2008, 08:18 AM
Chris, I must have run 2 rear brake lines, I need to send you a short line to go with the line attached to the body. Remove the one attached to the brass fitting at the rear susp and I will send the new one today. Sorry.

Alan

cwareham
January 22nd, 2008, 08:37 AM
Alan - Ah cool, that makes sense. Don't worry about sending the line, I'm working to finish up this week. I'll pick one up at the local auto parts house.

Thanks!
Chris

weaver
January 22nd, 2008, 02:38 PM
Already sent, just keep it for a spare.

Alan

Jerry Cowing
January 26th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Alan,

Are you still installing the Parking Brake valve next to the drivers seat. Maybe this is the other line he is talking about?

Quote:
"A brake line runs from the master cylinder to the end of the inside of the trans tunnel"
Is this the line that goes from the master to the Parking Brake valve?

"A brake line runs from the rear brake t-fitting up the inside of the framerail"
Is this the line that goes from the rear brakes to the other side of the Parking Brake valve?