PDA

View Full Version : Nice Day

diegokid
January 9th, 2008, 04:56 PM
The day started here very early with thunder and lightning, not a good outlook for what I had been planning all week. Five hours and a few hundred miles later I was in Gadsden at Unique's parking lot. Alan met me there and the day was turning out great, sunny and about 62 degrees, perfect for topless cars. He lent me the FIA car, showed me the magic button and off I went. I must admit that the car was very well mannered in town and handled the potmarked err rough roads better than I thought. As far as performance even in town you could tell all you needed was a road, I found one. The car was actually quite spunky, It ran so well I thought it had a SB Chevy in it. Just joking yawl the stroked 302 was actually suprising. Only drawback was that I am short and couldn't easily get the little go fast thingy all the way down. I had Alan show me how the pedals are adjusted as soon as I returned to the shop. I also liked how easy it would be to make an adjustable brake bias adjuster so you could adjust from the car as you are driving.

:shift: The wind and exhaust noise was much better than any other convertable car I had ever owned I just wished my wife would have been there to enjoy it to. I enjoy driving cars that will accelerate hard enough to tickle her tummy, makes her start speaking in Tagolog, I just assume its always good.

The seats belts reminded of the old belts in a KC135, a trip to the aircraft graveyard may be in order, the inertia reel would be great, yeah I'm already thinking.

I'm back home now and just to make some of yawl jealous my wife was happy as a lark that I had just spent a very large sum od money for a SC deluxe pallet kit. Now I really have to get off my duff and make the engine choice. I stopped at another old junk yard I had passed on the way there and found three more 390's. Two are complete with autos attached, I'll just leave them there, they were supposedly out of trucks and one has the carb missing and the exhaust outlets on the heads were cracked where a forklift had hit them. For $50.00 each I'll go back this weekend and pick them up and see if I can round up a good block and enough other stuff to try to build an FE. Any recommendations on Aluminum heads? Of course the ZZ427 will be avaible soon too.

Thanks for a good day Alan.

weaver
January 9th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Glad you made it home safe, now start building that shop.

Alan

diegokid
January 9th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Currently I'm trouble for telling yawl about the lamp.

Naumoff
January 10th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Currently I'm trouble for telling yawl about the lamp. Shy?;)

Congratulations on the purchase of a fine automobile!

will butterworth
January 11th, 2008, 05:17 AM
you are going to like the little car. Congratulations. Homecoming is in may--thats when the big family gets together in gadsden.Come.Will-alabama

beast
January 11th, 2008, 05:32 PM
:shift:Congratulations James. You made the right choice. Now we have to talk you into a good ford power plant.
Gary