PDA

View Full Version : Important Announcement

weaver
January 3rd, 2008, 01:54 PM
The dates for this years Homecoming has changed, the new dates are May 2nd and 3rd. The pavilion we use was booked the following weekend and we couldn't find a suitable location so we had to make a change. We also made the change on our web site and will have more info posted soon.

Alan

pgermond
January 3rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
Alan,

The good news is I haven't purchased a plane ticket yet..... the bad news is I have a conflict that weekend that I've committed to. I'll have to see if there is anything I can do to free that time up.

souzape
January 3rd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Alan- I'm new to the event and could use some recommendations for lodgings. Will probably fly into Birmingham.

Phil Souza

ralphscott
January 3rd, 2008, 07:03 PM
We have to be in Savannah the 2nd and 3rd. Sorry it did not work out

Ralph

diegokid
January 4th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Where is more info posted on this. I may not have a car yet but could always a reason for the wife and I to get out of town.

nolastyankee
January 5th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Wait a second here Alan, you are cutting into the time we have to finish our car! I mean, hell, we just started working on in and here you go moving up the Homecoming and putting even more pressure on us! This hardly seems fair.

OK, OK, I'll adjust our completion calendar accordingly.

(Note: Readers should interpret this post with a hearty grain of salt :))

weaver
January 5th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Sorry we didn't have a choice but I know you guys can get finished in time. We will post more info as soon as everything comes together. We are working on registration letters and will get them out asap.

Alan

nolastyankee
January 7th, 2008, 06:34 AM
We're full speed on the interior, carpet arrives today and we are glimpsing the finish line! We will be there, new date and all.

bittentoo
January 7th, 2008, 02:00 PM
The new date works better for us!

Kelly & Jo

juanone
January 7th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I am planning to be there. Have never taken my car back to its roots since I took delivery of my car so I am looking forward to bringing my sweetheart Home.

Juan

eliminator
January 8th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Excuses, Excuses,

I will be there, no problem......

traveler
January 8th, 2008, 06:01 AM
I had planned on comming again this year but with the new dates I will be in Indonesia that week end .

I hope all the new commers will have as good a time as I did when I brought my car back for the first time .

Rick Findley

JeepSnake
January 8th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Change is just peachy with the Butterworths - especially Sandy, since that backs up a couple of weeks from her due date.

Now, I've got to get to work on that front brake job, alignment, and installing the parking brake lever & cable!

davebetts
January 8th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Count on us being there. This will be our first homecoming.
Haven't been to Alabama since 2003, when we trailered her home. We'll be all shined up and ready to rock.
Any other Uniques from New Jersey?

weaver
January 8th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I just found out last night that not only my daughter Megan but my wife Paulette is graduating college on Friday night of our open house so you better have a real good excuse why you can't make it. neadless to say I will be a little late for dinner Friday.

Alan

pgermond
January 8th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Sorry Alan - had planned to attend on the original dates, and made other plans for the weekend before. However, that's great news about you daughter and wife. Congratulations on both counts!!!

Tony Radford
January 9th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Unless Lake Lanier fills up, I'll have to wash my car in the dark so the neighbors can't see me.

weaver
January 9th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Wash it when you get here, we have plenty of water.

Alan

JeepSnake
January 9th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Has Jax State ever had a ~30-Cobra graduation parade before???

We could wind up with burgers at The Rocket and ice cream at Cecil's...

ALVRRROOM
January 9th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Just made the Butterworths reservations at the Hampton for Homecoming. Too great of a reunion not to make the new dates work. Thanks, Weavers, for doing all the work to have homecoming.

JB

traveler
January 9th, 2008, 08:41 AM
To far a drive from Indonesia that week end . Guess I will miss this year .

will butterworth
January 9th, 2008, 10:28 AM
great news--Paulette and Megan---super,from right here at ole jax state--doesn,t get any better than that.You will get a pay raise and I get layed off---losing two students.Will try to get by to see ya,ll sometime this month.Tell Maurice I haven,t picked up a gun yet, no coyotes shot--zilch---getting pretty slack.I like that 30 car parade idea--could put,em on a show.Will-alabama

richardu
February 17th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Alan: This is fantastic news!! The new dates work great for me! I have a friend's wedding to attend on the old dates, so now I can go to Homecoming on May 2nd & 3rd. This will be my first Homecoming. How do I sign up? Does everybody make their own hotel arrangements at the Hampton Inn?

Dick Untch

weaver
February 18th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I will send you a entry form, call Hampton and make reservations. A large group gets together Thursday night for dinner at a local catfish house so get here early.

Alan