PDA

View Full Version : Header Removal

PhillipM
October 30th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Can the header on the passenger side be removed without lifting motor or body?

Naumoff
October 31st, 2007, 04:39 AM
Passenger side big block yes. You have to play with it. Driver side no.

PhillipM
October 31st, 2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks Tony. I spoke to Maurice this morning and he stated the same thing. He also stated to be patient but it would come out at the bottom of the car. Driver side No.

Naumoff
October 31st, 2007, 10:38 AM
Sorry Phillip, I guess I left that out. yes the bottom not the top.

pgermond
October 31st, 2007, 04:49 PM
I know one of these days I'm going to have to pull those dang headers out, so.... passenger side comes out the bottom.... driver side engine gets moved around a little (a lot) and comes out where (top or bottom)?

Thanks.

PhillipM
October 31st, 2007, 08:44 PM
I will take luck over skill any day of the week. Removed the header bolts and it snaked out in less than 30 sec and I was very very careful. Now once the repair is done, putting it back in will be a different story. I am sure the starter might have to be removed to get the back bolts started. They were very difficult to reach. The # one tool in my box to date is geardrive wrenches. I love those things.

Phil, I am not sure top or bottom on the driver side but Maurice stated it was a different story. The passenger side was very easy for me.

Naumoff
November 5th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Phillip, Removing the starter will make the job of putting the header back on very easy.

Phil,
I didn't spend to much time trying to remove the driver side as my engine was coming out anyway. The master cylinders are in the way.
I didn'y feel like removing them to see if that would be all.