PDA

View Full Version : Another Knucklehead

RJacobsen
October 13th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Found this on You tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpLqCxa4ee0 It seams that some people have trouble combining horsepower and common sense and/or driving skills.

ralphscott
October 14th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Thank goodness there was not someone standing there. Hope the driver learned a lesson that will provide a little common sense to their driving in the future. That little experience could, hopefully, save a life.

Nice find Rod!

RL

RJacobsen
October 14th, 2007, 03:33 PM
There were a couple of people standing right there earlier in the vidio. luckily they moved.

pgermond
October 14th, 2007, 06:12 PM
What an idiot! Where do these people come from? Looks like he bunged up his front suspension pretty good, which should keep him off the road for at least a little while.

RJacobsen
October 14th, 2007, 07:33 PM
I kind of like the way the guy on the bike was picking up the spare parts for him.

eliminator
October 15th, 2007, 05:54 AM
I have seen similar things happen, one at a car show here in Louisville, a guy in a 60 series Corvette, left the show and it got away from him and he hit a bystander. I think he is still under the jail. The bystander only received minor injuries, they were lucky.

The I took the Weavers to a fish place on the river here during the Street Rod Nationals and there were hundreds of people out side, Street Rods, Muscle Cars, Motorcycles, and everyone else. Some idiot left with his wife in a new C-6 Corvette, he hammered it, he lost it, did a 180 and ended up in a big ditch full of mud, took out a road sign too. So far for me it's been a Corvette thing, but I can certainly understand the same idiots in a Cobra.

RJacobsen
October 15th, 2007, 08:39 PM
It's a little hard to tell but it looks like he never even tried to steer out of the skid, just locked up the brake and drove right over the curb.

will butterworth
October 16th, 2007, 06:53 AM
look like nothing to loose control about, mild spring for these cars.But, last winter, Jan. ,hit wet-or ice surface coming to work one am, lesabre done went out of whack for me wound up off road headlong into little bank to stop the thing. Hit reverse and wobbled on to work, was Feb. before got it back in service, so stuff can happen, .Will-alabama

davebetts
October 16th, 2007, 12:49 PM
I don't see what realy happened. He ran out first gear, shifted into second, engine didn't really wind up too strong. Do you thing there was something in the road? Junk tires? Why do you think it just drove off to the right? I feel my Cobra has alot more traction, and can take alot more juice, before it jumps out to the side like that. Mostly think he wasn't paying attention. Maybe he was on the cell phone.

Naumoff
October 16th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I don't see what realy happened. He ran out first gear, shifted into second, engine didn't really wind up too strong. Do you thing there was something in the road? Junk tires? Why do you think it just drove off to the right? I feel my Cobra has alot more traction, and can take alot more juice, before it jumps out to the side like that. Mostly think he wasn't paying attention. Maybe he was on the cell phone.

Two things I can say, one is that Uniques do have more traction and control, two he shifted gears when he was not in control of the car and lost it.

RJacobsen
October 16th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Having grown up in western Montana and driven on a lot of snow and ice you learn a couple things about controlling a skid. Stay off the brakes, turn into the skid and get that motor disconnected from the back wheels. If the back wheels are spinning from acceleration or skidding from engine compression you have little or no control over them and they always try to pass the front ones. I think this guy did everything wrong, granted there is not a lot of time to react but he should of as least tried to steer left.

Naumoff
October 17th, 2007, 02:39 AM
He kept putting energy into the the skid then he shifted. Superformance. Most of them have 3.73 and a tko500. First gear tire spin is slow then shift to second and the tire speed has a big jump. If you are not ready for it, big pucker factor followed by brown seat.:D

Just my theory and I am sticking to it.:)

Brent
October 17th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Ran out of talent

Naumoff
October 17th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Well that the Readers Digest version.;)

RJacobsen
October 17th, 2007, 08:41 PM
At any rate I still like the guy on the bike.

Aggressor
October 17th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Dirty Harry said "A man's got know his limitations". (Magnum Force)

I think it was Lotus that stated in their owner's manual that you would reach your limits before you would reach the car's limits.

Sadly there are vehicle operators but exceedingly few "Drivers".

-Geary