PDA

View Full Version : OT: Waxing poetic and general rambling - Revisited

pgermond
August 19th, 2007, 10:01 PM
OT: Waxing poetic and general rambling was a topic that excelguru (aka Keith) started back in the fall of 2004. Most all the contributors are still around, having posted in the past few months. My reason for bring this topic back to everyone’s attention is that it provides a background on some of the members of this "Unique Family". I thought this would be helpful for newer members to perhaps understand what a close-knit group this really is and, if they are up to the task, to contribute to this topic. I’ve been waiting almost three years for Alan, Maurice, Eliminator, Gasman, Will and a number of others to weight in…… so don't be bashful.
http://www.uniquecobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6028&highlight=gasman (http://www.uniquecobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6028&highlight=gasman)

JeepSnake
September 4th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Hey Phil!

De (that's what we call my dad) has sneaked off fishing, and I thought I'd slip this in (he'll have a surprise when he checks the board first thing tomorrow!). I've been playing around with the scanner a little bit...

See if you recognize the dashing young chap in the attached photo!

ralphscott
September 4th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Didn't he run for president about 3 years ago at Pigeon Forge? Yell ing at the passing cars VOTE for ME!

Ralph

pgermond
September 4th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Well I'll be! Good job, Zach. I'd like to hear the story behind the photo sometime from Will :)

will butterworth
September 5th, 2007, 12:33 PM
man proudly serving his country,big ears and all,gordon ,ga., yr. of our lord 1963, on to leonard wood, to ft. meade, to vietnam. Joining army was a promotion, out of those cotton fields in talladega county,and the G I bill, thanks kindly,back to school,bs in something, and just kept on. Been at jsu for 20 yrs. now, selling business research to goverments, business in alabama, and doing some research on special projects, most recent july, economic research for the alabama appalachian investment plan for governor Bob Riley.Will be 63 in november,and work one more year and go home, Jan. 1,09.Red car,pictures in car periodicals at school library,dreaming material for a alabama country boy, only rich folks could have one,years later, Weavers,counted up funds-children-and the old professor --we could do it--30 year anniversary for Joan.Told ya,ll it would be a long dream.And then YA,LL---wow,a family of friends.Two sons,auburn engineering,magna cum laude, and summa cum laude, Joan--bs math-honors.I graduated oh lordy.Have two pretty girls now, Sandy-school teacher, Jana-revenue dept. st. of ala..Currently ,I serve as a deacon ,sunday school teacher, and usher at our church. Zach and Cyrus are building houses on our farm, about 100 acres in cleburne county,al., one son to my left, one son to my right.The good LORD brought us all together,albeit,routed thr. the Weavers.Just an old goon now,but I sure appreciate you all,and can,t wait to cut out for the forge tomorrow to see some of ya,ll.May the good LORD bless this writing,and all these wonderful friends.Will-alabama

pgermond
September 5th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Nice.... very nice with a great ending. Can't ask for much more.

ALVRRROOM
September 5th, 2007, 06:53 PM
That' s the man I love. Been married to him for 36 years and wow what a great 30th anniversary gift--a little red Cobra. Thanks to the Weavers for making it possible. And what a great Cobra family we have.

Joan