PDA

View Full Version : Winner of LCS Raffle Car

juanone
June 25th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Hi Folks,

It can't get any better than this,

A Unique owner winning the Unique Raffle Car at LCS. I was there, man what a rush.

Jim Harding. Congrats, a really nice guy winning an outstanding car. What a nicely built Unique.

Juan
http://www.capitalareacobraclub.com/gallery2/d/24593-1/AllTheGang.jpg
http://www.capitalareacobraclub.com/gallery2/d/24590-1/WhoMe.jpg

(http://www.capitalareacobraclub.com/gallery2/d/24590-1/WhoMe.jpg)

rdorman
June 25th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Needless to say, Jim was speachless! Jim has an '84 roadster already. Wonder what his plans are?

Jeff 427
June 25th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Congrats Jim!!!

I was sure glad a Unique owner won the car!!! We all know how great these cars are and can appreciate all the work that Alan & Maurice and their crew, Bill at Southern and Bruce at Joedco did to bring it all together for a worthy cause!!!!!

ralphscott
June 25th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Congratulations Jim!!

Ralph Scott

Naumoff
June 25th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Congratulations Jim. I am happy that the car is coming to Southern Maryland.
Jim is a really nice guy .
If I am lucky I might see Jim running around in his new Cobra.:shift:
My brother works in La Plata and I do work in that area.

Slither
June 25th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Outstanding:D :D !

Brent
June 26th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Very cool for Jim.

Good to hear nice guys get rewarded, Wonder why I never win anything ?? (-:

davebetts
June 26th, 2007, 09:19 AM
You're about to have one of the best rides of a lifetime.
Welcome aboard. Safe driving.

bstandley1
June 26th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Jim,

Best of luck with your new ride; it must have been quite a shock to hear your name called!

Bob

juanone
June 26th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Actually I believe Jim was not there when they called the winner's name. They had to go get him at his hotel room. Now that would be a heck of a surprise to hear pounding at the hotel room door because you won the Raffle Car.

Priceless.

ALVRRROOM
June 26th, 2007, 06:36 PM
You have a beautiful car. Join some other Unique owners in Pigeon Forge the week end after Labor Day. We have a wonderful time together and some great cruises to breakfast on Fri and Sat. Will and I were in London but did not get up to meet you after you won the car. Looking forward to seeing you maybe at Pigeon Forge or next year at homecoming in Gadsden.

pgermond
June 26th, 2007, 08:04 PM
But..... but....... well, at least my contribution went to a good cause - and congratulations to Jim. Now I can move all that stuff back into the garage.

Slither
June 26th, 2007, 10:55 PM
I'm just glad that Jim won it and not me, 'cause right now I'd have absolutly no place to put that thing ;) !

Can you imagine... a Cobra in basically a third world country:eek:... hhhmppf!!

Jim Harding
July 4th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Finally made it over here to thank everyone for their kind words and well wishes for me and my new car.

Like Rick said, I was in total shock when the truth sank in that I really did win the car. Juan was right..... after the BBQ meal and a few cool ones, my eye lids were getting heavy, so I quietly slipped away to my room during the live auction. I mean, who really thinks they have a shot at the drawing anyway? I'm lying on my bed talking on the phone to my wife back home, when one of my club members calls through and tells me I won the car. My first thought was "B.S."! I know my fellow club members are up to some stunt to get me back outside so we can all get drunk together. Very shortly after that call, another club member bangs on my motel door and yelling "you won the car!" Yeah, right. (my fellow club members make a habit of pulling pranks) So I tell my wife I have to investigate this and hang up the phone. I follow the guy towards the tent when a nice lady pulls up in a golf cart and says, "Are you Jim Harding? Get in, everyone is waiting for you!" OH OH! maybe there's something to this! My heart starts pounding and my head starts spinning when I get to the tent and everyone is clapping and yelling and I feel myself slipping into a state where everything is going in slow motion. People are talking to me, but the words don't seem to be registering in my head. I can't believe this is real. I know I'm dreaming! Someone hands me the keys, and I just stand there like some dufus, and he says “don’t you want to start her up?” So I get in and turn the key and the sound of the big block coming alive gives me the wake up call I needed. I’m still in a surreal like state, but starting to believe this is all real and happening to me.

Some tidbits of reality start coming to my mind….. how do I get TWO cobras home to Maryland? Good friends usually step up to the plate, and this was no exception. Lee Dahmer says not to worry; he’ll take one of them home for me in his hauler. I load up the new one in my trailer (it was drizzling rain, an appropriate baptism ) and Lee, Duke, Kathryn and I rearrange his hauler to make room for one more car.

When I get home, I find out I’m one stall short in the garage for another car. Hmmmm, what to do? My wife gives up her garage for the new one and parks her SUV out on the pad. Things are getting crowded around here… her SUV, my F350 pick up, two cobras, my work van and my kids 69 Camaro. I talk to my kid about putting his project on the front burner and getting it out of here!!

As of today, I’m still on pins and needles about owning such a beautiful car. And I’m still waiting for the paperwork to get here so I can start the titling and registration process. Man, it’s tough looking at that rocket sitting there and not being able to hit the bricks with her.

Which brings something else to mind…. Tony, mind if I call you and see what hoops you had to jump through to get past our bureaucratic MVA?

Thanks again guys, I’ll pop in here every now and then with updates.

- Jim -

clayfoushee
July 4th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Congrats Jim..........way cool. We have quite a collection of BB Uniques in our corner of MD now.

My understanding is that MD MVA is still pretty easy compared to many places, but you're right that Tony's experience is more recent than mine, which was already titled in MD anyway.

Tony and I were replacing my shocks yesterday, and we were discussing it's time for an MD BB cruise very soon. We'll at least look good as a trio, with one solid silver, one solid black, and one a little of both.:)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/clayfoushee/100_0554.jpg

Jim Harding
July 4th, 2007, 06:17 PM
We'll at least look good as a trio, with one solid silver, one solid black, and one a little of both.:)

That would look neat wouldn't it Clay? Let's hope I can get it legal before the leaves change color!

Naumoff
July 4th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Jim,
Call me. 410-474-2701
Titling and registration the Unique in MD is not that bad.

I just went on a 200 mile cruise. Clay you missed a good one.

will butterworth
July 5th, 2007, 05:10 AM
you got a drip pan under that top car? Will-alabama

clayfoushee
July 5th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Yep Will...........just in case. However, I "won the lottery" with a 427FE, that only drips once or twice every other week.:D

will butterworth
July 5th, 2007, 06:44 AM
I like that set-up, and you can get under it to check everything out. Nice.Will-alabama

rdorman
July 5th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Great recount of the event Jim. That was Bill Dyer (you can always tell Bill by the goofy hat) that handed you the keys. I didn't even know you had the car at home! What do I know after all, I am just on the Board of Directors! I just assumed there would be some legal/insurance stuff to get out of the way. Please keep us updated with some pics as you get her on the road. Alan is the only person that has driven that car so far... not it is your turn!

Clays, Tony's and Jim's car would make a great shot. Can I see a magazien cover coming here? I beleive that Jim's car is already slated for a feature in Kit Car magazine. Watch for it in an upcoming issue.

rdorman
July 5th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Jim, I found your post on the winning to be so good I added it to the winners page: http://www.londoncobrashow.com/Default.aspx?pt=PLO1&pid=19

Hope you don't mind! (of course if you do, just let me know)

Rick

Jim Harding
July 5th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Clays, Tony's and Jim's car would make a great shot. Can I see a magazien cover coming here? I beleive that Jim's car is already slated for a feature in Kit Car magazine. Watch for it in an upcoming issue.

A neat by-line for that picture. Follows the thinking of "what color dog do you get when you mate a white dog with a black dog? A. A black and white mix".

under the picture of the three cars..... "Who's your daddy?"

Jim Harding
July 5th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Jim, I found your post on the winning to be so good I added it to the winners page: http://www.londoncobrashow.com/Default.aspx?pt=PLO1&pid=19

Hope you don't mind! (of course if you do, just let me know)

Rick

Don't mind at all Rick.

clayfoushee
July 5th, 2007, 10:47 AM
A neat by-line for that picture. Follows the thinking of "what color dog do you get when you mate a white dog with a black dog? A. A black and white mix".

LMAO..........perfect. We just need to get it done!

Naumoff
July 5th, 2007, 12:44 PM

:D I'm game. :cool: