PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations

Ric S.
June 10th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Congratulations to Juan and Rick.

I am behind on email but I read Juan's KCC newsletter where they recently placed 2nd and 3rd in a car show. Well done gentlemen. You carried the Unique marque very well. I am curious to know with all due respect what the top finishing Superformance looked like. It must have been a well prepared Cobra.

Congrats again !!!

Ric

eliminator
June 11th, 2007, 06:20 AM
The Superformance was a nice Superformance, no more no less.

It was at the British Bash Car Show in Louisville, it was also a popular vote car show. Many of the voters though all these cars were the real deal....so go from there.

I enjoy the shows and the awards are nice but once you win the first ones then it's less important. My award at Homecoming from my peers that really know our cars was far more important to me than any of the others. I was suprised that Juan didn't get first place as his car fit the theme very well.

Sorry if I step on toes but when you buy a car and you install an engine and transmission and thats it, how can you explain the comment " I built this car".
So I have a real problem with Superformance Cars in car shows anyway. And from my observation not many of their owners will tell the real story of what they did and didn't do. Even a Unique Owner with a true Turnkey is more involved in the build than most of the Superformance owners. That's just how I feel about the subject.

Brent
June 11th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Ditto..........

weaver
June 11th, 2007, 10:43 AM
No comment.

Alan

Brent
June 11th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Alabama or Africa

It is your choice.

ralphscott
June 11th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Congrats Rick and Juan. And a big ditto on Rick's comment: "Sorry if I step on toes but when you buy a car and you install an engine and transmission and thats it, how can you explain the comment "I built this car". So I have a real problem with Superformance Cars in car shows anyway. And from my observation not many of their owners will tell the real story of what they did and didn't do. Even a Unique Owner with a true Turnkey is more involved in the build than most of the Superformance owners. That's just how I feel about the subject."

Look at it this way they really did miss out on the replicar experience. The build in many ways a lot more fun that just having the finished product. I did not know much when I started the build, but I learned a bunch as I went through the process from my mentor Butch Capps.

Ralph

RL

TurnpikeBoy
June 11th, 2007, 03:06 PM
No comment.

Alan

Amen.

-Roger

Aggressor
June 12th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Good call Rick.
They're not really bad cars but they are cookie-cutter vehicles.

A comment for Alan - Ron Rosen never paid for or returned the 240 MPH SW speedometer that he borrowed from me at the Spring Columbus, Ohio Ford swap meet. That was many moons ago. Never responded to my attempts to contact him. Looks like You and Maurice were right. After this many years I'm starting to give up my false hopes of being compensated.(Yes -alas- Sour Grapes)

-Geary

weaver
June 12th, 2007, 05:46 AM
Call them one more time and ask for his son, can't think of his name, if he thinks you will post it on Club Cobra he will pay up. We send parts out every day with a "pay from this invoice" and don't have a problem. I guess we are dealing with honest folks.

juanone
June 15th, 2007, 09:54 AM
His son's name is Dean Rosen.

(513) 738-4000 ask for Dean, Shane or Ian.

Tell him, them, Juan told you to call him. He knows me well. He is busier than a one arm paper hanger but he will call you. He has no reason not to return the item you loaned them, remind him. Ron, his dad had a stroke and is recuperating but probably does not remember the loan.

Juan Lopez-Bonilla

Jeff 427
June 15th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Way to Go............. Rick and Juan!!!

I agree with you guys, Ralph, Brent, and others. I really wanted to build the car to know everything, well as much as I could, about it. It was a fun and learning experience that I would'nt have traded for anything!!!

Slither
June 15th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Oh ya! Nice job guys:D.