PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Reasons to Buy UNIQUE MOTORCARS Brand

davebetts
May 10th, 2007, 01:22 PM
People ask me all the time as to why I decided to buy a UNIQUE MOTORCARS replica Cobra. Cobras are "the" most replicated car.
I would like to here from everyone, with the Weaver's brand, as to why they decided the way they did. What makes these special cars and/or builders above the others? I'd be happy to post my top ten reasons, but I prefer to hear from the forum before I give my reasons. I'd like to publish the top ten reasons, perhaps a brochure.
Here it goes..........give me a shout out, even if you don't list ten.

pgermond
May 12th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Here's some points to get this thread started -

Quality of product
Customer service - before and after the sale
Options
Price
This forum
Customer satisfaction
Annual Homecoming
The Weaver's

will butterworth
May 14th, 2007, 10:24 AM
a whole family of friends, I can,t name them all. They will help you. Wonderful family of friends----quality product, easy to work with, few hassles, Weavers, everyone will help you. I love these folks, and a little dixie lightning loosens the bunch up now and then, you know.Professor Vernon Von Studebaker even contributes to the cause.So now you know the secret to their great success---friends--quality product. Will-alabama

dmswann
May 14th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Homecoming is more like a "Family Reunion"!

rdorman
May 14th, 2007, 10:42 AM
I think you could just list "Weaver's" ten times and that would say it all. Every aspect that makes a top ten list comes back to them and the group they have put together.

One I didn't see listed was experience. Which again, comes back to the Weaver's. You manufacture the same type of car for 30 years, it is going to be a well sorted out piece. You should of heard the Superformance guys once they got back with the raffle car. Here are three guys that have been around, seen hundreds of these cars, all dyed in wool Superformance owners and once again, they agree on one thing, the Unique they just picked up was one of the nicest cars they have seen.

By the way, I hope every one has gotten plenty of tickets for this car... and if you have, but some more! Sorry to turn this into an advertisement but after all, the car exists in large part, why.... because of the Weavers! (does that make it a top 11 list LOL)

eliminator
May 14th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Getting the car you want rather than gettting a car that the Manufacture wants to sell you.

Many options, flexibility, having a chance to personalize your car.

They also do a good job of listening to the car owners and making changes if necessary to make a better car for future car owners.

rdorman
May 14th, 2007, 10:56 AM
They also do a good job of listening to the car owners and making changes if necessary to make a better car for future car owners.

Good one Rick. In just my short time around I have seen a few changes that have come up through the owners that have/will become changes or options to the cars.

ralphscott
May 14th, 2007, 11:09 AM
All ten items in one word -- Research!

I and I'm sure many other Unique buyers did a lot of research on the various manufactuers. When I brought the deluxe pallet kit I hardly knew the Weavers, went to one Homecoming to confirm what I had seen at other MFGs and what I had heard about the car. Knowing my skills and what they offered I felt I could do it with a little coaching from Butch Capps. I did not want a Mustang clone I wanted as close as I could get to the original drive train so I knew I was experiencing the real Cobra feel without laying out at that time $150K for the real thing a 40 year old car.

The car is really better than the 40+ year old originals and I can drive it and get reasonable insurance and still have it in retirement to play with.

I think research and what your level of purist is defines a lot of the decision processes. I did by Curt Scott's book to help me along in the research.

The real retospective benefits come once you are a Unique owner, the nature of the other Unique owners, and the Weavers. I have made some real friends through the Unique purchase.

Ralph

davebetts
May 14th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Here's my two cents.
When I came to the Weavers, they listened and BUILDT the CAR to the WAY I PLANNED on using it. Some of my ideas were wrong and they corrected me.
Their product's STRENGHT is second to no other. Hand laid fiberglas, boxed frame with real good steel (have you ever tried to drill a hole in that chassis)?
LIKENESS to a real Ford/Shelby Cobra built in the 60's.
GEOMETRY/BALANCE is nearly perfect. I've had mine on four weight scales; 47% the the vehicle's weight is on the front axles and 53% on the rear axles. The cross-over weights are nearly perfect at 50%. The scales do not lie (and that's with a big block 427SC hanging).
RIDE/HANDLING With their suspension, it's amasing how comfortable the ride can be.....for a Cobra.
SYSTEMS that are PROVEN and WORK. Gear ratios, transmissions, rear ends, all critcal choices. Expensive and unpleasant if chosen incorrectly.
REPUTATION and EXPERIENCE How does one put a price on this?
Last but not least, Unique's willingnes to listen and SUPPORT YOU AFTER the SALE.

Ed
May 14th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I agree with all the above and secund them all
I would like to add that my car left Unique in 1983 and I am now doing a complete rebuild
My car demonstrates many small improvements made through the years .. but I was able to upgrade it to new configuration by bolting on the current parts (suspension)
If it ain't broke don't fix it.......the point is that no matter how badly you break it, it can easily be fixed because Unique has a product that does not change for the sake of change, and has always been well sorted out to begin with

brfutbrian
May 14th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Getting the car you want rather than gettting a car that the Manufacture wants to sell you.

Many options, flexibility, having a chance to personalize your car.

those are the exact reasons i chose unique. all the other things that were said are the great perks that come standard with owning a unique. later, brian.

Justin Upchurch
May 16th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I got the car I always wanted and Unique worked with me every step of the way. The nice thing is that even after all my questions they still take my calls after the sale.

Did anyone mention the floormats, I would buy one again because the new mats look so good.

Justin

spd4me
May 20th, 2007, 03:41 PM
If you could line up all the different manufacturer's cars, you'd find not all the bodys are alike. Unique by far has the best looking body of all. It's not lumpy, the fender flares are perfect and it sits low to the ground.

diegokid
December 28th, 2007, 04:54 PM
They build their body's like we used to build our boats. Last but not least.
They will let you choose whatever drivetrain you desire.

nolastyankee
December 29th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Ummm...Check out the "competition".

YIKES!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-WINTER-SALE-SHELBY-COBRA-KIT-JUST-BUILT-3-VIDEOS-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ130185508157QQihZ003QQcategoryZ6 057QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ralphscott
December 29th, 2007, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the post Brian, WOW! That must be someone's version of a Cobra Stretch Limo. Betcha there is a lot of hose wiggling going on in the engine compartment between the engine and the radiator! As for the rest of it.....Whew!

Ralph

tcolley
December 29th, 2007, 06:37 AM
That's about the uglyist kit I've seen!:eek:

Sure makes our cars look like a million dollars...doesn't it!:D

Terry

diegokid
December 29th, 2007, 07:15 AM
I needed a good laugh this morning! What was that.

diegokid
December 29th, 2007, 07:16 AM
That made a Unique with a SB Chevy look wonderful. Thanks for that link.

TurnpikeBoy
December 29th, 2007, 10:12 AM
And it's new......what a quality build - to say nothing of the car itself. Looks like Andre the Giant drove it the 64 miles, and hit a couple hard bumps in the road.

This thing is disturbing.

Justin Upchurch
December 29th, 2007, 11:20 AM
But the trunk was finished out well :)

RJacobsen
December 29th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Did any of you scroll down far enough to see the headers? Stock shorty headers switched sides to exit at the front. OH MY :eek:

RJacobsen
December 29th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Also check out the Quality of the fiberglass finish that the serial number plate is attached to.

weaver
December 29th, 2007, 12:38 PM
What the &!#? is that, I don't like to talk about other peoples cars so I won't.

Alan

juanone
December 29th, 2007, 05:32 PM
The main, but number (#1) one reason to buy a Unique was the Weaver's willingness to give me what I really wanted, a very Unique, pun intended, street roadster 289 that adds to each of my days as I go past the car in the garage every morning on the way to work. Their detail and care was second to none.

I was trruly a pain in the rear, I think I called Alan every day, sometimes twice a day, to check on my build, a truly one of a kind street 289. Alan and Maurice went overboard in giving my my present pride and joy.

You can see the progress of my build on member forums.