PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Unique Fundraiser :)

Justin Upchurch
November 2nd, 2006, 07:33 PM
Here it is……..The official 2006 Unique Cobra.com Forum fundraiser thread!!!!!!!!!!

Phil asked for someone else to pick up the baton that he and Clay have so graciously carried, and be the point person for this year’s fundraiser. I have received so much from this forum and the members while building my car over the last year, that I felt compelled to help raise money for this valuable resource.

The forum site has been running well since last year’s software upgrade, but the server is getting older and we are running out of storage space. The current machine is a Compaq DL380 with four 18gig hard drives in a RAID 5 configuration. This only leaves 54 gigs of useable hard drive space after parity is calculated for the drive redundancy. (Sorry for the techno jargin, in English this means that the drive space on the Forum server is a fraction of what most of us have on our PCs at home.)

Patrick would like to upgrade the hard drives to either 36 or 72 gigs, but obviously this will take some financial resources to do so. Not to mention the amount of time it will take him to backup the data and image the new drives. But once this is done he can give us more space for picture and video galleries as well as have more room for other recently requested forum features.

As you can see, Patrick puts a considerable amount of time and energy into making this forum a useful resource that all of us who take part in this hobby can enjoy. So that he can continue to provide us a great place to get ideas, hang out, and get to know our on-line friends, please consider contributing something…….anything that you feel comfortable with during this years’ fundraiser.

To get an idea of the amount others have contributed in the past, you can click on the "ABOUT" button at the very top of the page and then under that "Friends of Unique Cobra." Remember…… ANY amount will be appreciated.

To Donate:

1) You can send a check via snail mail payable to Patrick Brown to

Patrick Brown
c/o UniqueCobra.com
2841 NW 74th St
Seattle WA 98117

2) You can use paypal @ https://www.paypal.com and make a payment to pbrown@sla.com

3) Donate using the forum @ http://www.uniquecobra.com/forums/payments.php

Be sure to reference your forum user name in the transaction or on your check so you are recognized on the 'Friends of... ' page.

I hope all of the forum members have found this site to be as helpful to them as it has been to me.

Justin

Naumoff
November 3rd, 2006, 06:23 AM
Thanks Justin for doing this.
Just made my payment.

YerDugliness
November 3rd, 2006, 08:12 AM
Good to see you step up to the plate and take over this task, Justin. I've been an event organizer for various organizations in the past and I know how difficult it can be to get volunteers. Your heart is evidently in the right place.

I'll forward a donation soon as I figure out how to access my PayPal account. I use it solely for this sort of activity and since I haven't used it for about a year it might take a day or two for them to email me my password, etc. Worst case scenario would be using snail mail, but I think I can muddle through the internet well enough to manage.

While I've been a registered member on this forum for almost 2 years, I seldom post--I find the postings of others and the search function to be adequate to answer most of my questions. However, I would submit to lurkers or other members who have not contributed that Justin is correct in his statement regarding the benefits of this forum and so I would challenge all those who take advantage of the forum to step up and, so to speak, put their money where their mouth is, just as I intend to do. IMHO, this is one of the better Cobra related forums on the web--very high signal to noise ratio!! It's nice not to have to wade through the "crap" to get to the table!

Doug

pgermond
November 3rd, 2006, 09:40 AM
Thanks Justin!!!!............. Thanks Patrick!!!!

The checks in the mail ;)

juanone
November 3rd, 2006, 10:37 AM
Submitted mine already with the credit card feature Patrick added to the forum. Way to go Patrick and Justin,

Juan

ericeckhoff
November 3rd, 2006, 02:14 PM
sent mine by paypal today.
Thanks
Eric

TAGCAVE
November 3rd, 2006, 03:54 PM
Thanks Justin for picking up the ball and running!!
Thanks Patrick for keeping this forum up and running!!
Just made my donation with the new card card payment method which is a great addtional way to pay.

Rodney

Unique 289_FIA
November 3rd, 2006, 06:54 PM
Paypal sent. Thanks Justin, et al!!

Ed
November 3rd, 2006, 07:39 PM
Paypal sent
Thanks Justin

ED

bstandley1
November 4th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Ditto

Bob

twanita
November 5th, 2006, 06:42 PM
thanks justin, i'll send check. jim o

pgermond
November 7th, 2006, 01:32 PM
I'm a little behind the curve due to a nasty stomach flu.... the check is going out this afternoon.

Silk
November 7th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks for taking the lead on this, Justin. Just made payment via PayPal

Gary Hughes

Ric S.
November 7th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Justine,

Did you get my PM? Somehow that does not sound right.

Thanks Ric

YerDugliness
November 8th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Submitted mine already with the credit card feature Patrick added to the forum. Way to go Patrick and Justin,Juan

Can anyone give me some guidance as to where to find this credit card feature? I clicked on the links in the original message but always seemed to end up at PayPal.

Thanks!

Doug

TAGCAVE
November 8th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Doug,

I used a credit card this way

1. click on the forum payment link in Justins 1st. post.
2. enter the amout you want to give. then click order.
3. then click order using paypal this will take you
to paypal, look below the password block for a link for
"use credit card without paypal account".
4. then fill in the blanks.

Hope this helps,

Rodney

pgermond
November 8th, 2006, 03:41 PM
You guys are all responsible adults, and I'm confident you read the fine print before signing anything........ but just to insure there is no misunderstanding down the line using your credit card - Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed.

Justin Upchurch
November 8th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Ric,

PM sent back your way.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed so far and I hope a lot more members pitch in as well. In fact, I just wrote my check out tonight and chose to use the snail mail option.

Alan mentioned in a recent thread regarding forum features that he had to delete some pictures due to size restrictions on individual galleries. This illustrates the need for the larger hard drives, so please help out if you can.

Justin

pbrown
November 8th, 2006, 07:29 PM
You guys are all responsible adults, and I'm confident you read the fine print before signing anything........ but just to insure there is no misunderstanding down the line using your credit card - Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed.

None of the donation amounts are setup as recurring.

pgermond
November 8th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the clarification Patrick - I didn't know if they were or not.... just don't want anyone surprised.

Thanks again for the clarification.

clayfoushee
November 13th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks Justin............Paypal sent to Patrick.

scott h
November 14th, 2006, 06:59 AM
i tried to use the credit card option but the system would not accept my e-mail address as valid, so the check is in the mail.

YerDugliness
November 14th, 2006, 09:10 AM
I managed to get through the credit card procedure OK, but I could not figure out how to attach my forum name to the payment so that my contribution could be recognized on the "Friends Of" page.

My cashier's check will arrive via snail mail, too, Patrick.

Doug

Donnie Thomas
November 19th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Justin my check is in the mail (snail mail) Thanks for taking the time to head up the Fundraiser. Donnie Thomas

pbrown
November 19th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Here is a list of members that have contributed so far:

juanone
naumoff
ericeckhoff
tagcave
Unique 289_FIA
Ed
bstandley1
Silk
pseim
eliminator
graycobra
glenn
pgermond
davebetts
Ric S
YerDugliness
twanita
Justin Upchurch
Brent
clayfoushee
RJacobsen
Patrick Quattro (Please send me your forum user name)
sllib
Donnie Thomas

Thanks everyone.

pgermond
November 19th, 2006, 09:28 PM
This is a great start for our annual fundraiser. I'm pleased to see that contribution amounts ($) aren't included so as not to intimidate anyone (I only contributed $0.75 this year :p ) There are some obvious "regulars" that are missing from the list, however, I'm sure their donations are in transit and will appear soon (no pressure guys :) )

Thanks again Patrick and Justin for your efforts..... in the end this benefits you, me, and everyone who uses and/or relies on this forum for information and/or entertainment.

Hope ya ll have a Happy and enjoyable Thanksgiving!!!!

will butterworth
November 20th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Zach and myself are in somewhere--in route--first thing inam ,I look at news, weather and unique forum to see what our friends are working on.Thanks Patrick--Justin , appreciate your efforts a lot. Will-alabama

clayfoushee
November 24th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Here is a list of members that have contributed so far:

juanone
naumoff
ericeckhoff
tagcave
Unique 289_FIA
Ed
bstandley1
Silk
pseim
eliminator
graycobra
glenn
pgermond
davebetts
Ric S
YerDugliness
James Ofria (James - please PM me your user name)
Justin Upchurch
Brent

Thanks everyone.

Patrick, I don't see my name on this list. I have the Paypal receipt. Please recheck, and make sure it went to the right place.

pbrown
November 24th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Sorry clay. It's there now.

Justin Upchurch
November 29th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Last year we had 38 contributors

Name Member
Clayton Foushee clayfoushee
Philip Germond pgermond
Robert Standley bstandley1
Eric Miller Eric Miller
Jason Patrick patrija
Brian Carlson nolastyankee
Brent Blessinger Brent
Paul Seim pseim
Bill Carlson Glenview289
James Ofria twanita
Stan Muller stan
Rod Jacobsen rjacobsens
Anthony Burdett tburdett
Kelly Mullins bittentoo
Philip Souza souzape
Rodney Staples tagcave
Mike Green GREENHOUSE
Patrick Quattro olblu66
Will & Zach Butterworth will butterworth
Justin Upchurch Justin Upchurch
Tony Naumoff Naumoff
Dave Betts davebetts
Rick Bagley eliminator
Doug Miller dmiller
Scott McDowell Scott McDowell
Stephen Foushee gasman
Dave Giordano DaveG
Eric Eckhoff ericeckhoff
Ralph Scott ralphscott
Jim Harding Jim Harding
Michael Cranford feL88
Adam DeGarmo Homer
Paul Wilder Slither
Russ Dickey Russ Dickey
Edward Whitworth Ed
Scott Baeten
Dennis Swann
Anonymous

So far, we only have 21 contributors;

juanone
naumoff
ericeckhoff
tagcave
Unique 289_FIA
Ed
bstandley1
Silk
pseim
eliminator
graycobra
glenn
pgermond
davebetts
Ric S
YerDugliness
twanita
Justin Upchurch
Brent
clayfoushee
RJacobsen

Please, if you feel like you get some enjoyment out of this site consider donating. We have a lot more members than we had last year, so I would expect to see AT LEAST as many members contribute this year as last.

Patrick does a great job of keeping this site up and running, let's show him we appreciate his time.

Justin

pbrown
November 29th, 2006, 02:08 PM
There are two additional checks that have not been posted yet. I was out of town until late last night so I havn't had time yet. I'll add them to the list this evening.

pbrown
December 1st, 2006, 09:52 PM
Everyone that has contributed is listed below:

juanone
naumoff
ericeckhoff
tagcave
Unique 289_FIA
Ed
bstandley1
Silk
pseim
eliminator
graycobra
glenn
pgermond
davebetts
Ric S
YerDugliness
twanita
Justin Upchurch
Brent
clayfoushee
RJacobsen
Patrick Quattro (Please send me your forum user name)
sllib
Donnie Thomas
scott h
lgamble13

Please let me know if you have send a check or PayPal and are not listed.

bittentoo
December 4th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Sorry I've been late and slow in making a cotribution. I will sent out a check this evening via snail mail.

The Orange POS has me busy. Seems the Scat crank didn't like the crank gear and woodruff key. Have the front of the engine off replacing the timing chain set and Woodruff keys. Luckily the crank snout is ok.

pgermond
December 4th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Thanks Kelly. There are a few more stragglers and regulars out there that will hopefully come forward. Better late than never - right guys?

ralphscott
December 4th, 2006, 04:36 PM
For me it will be after the new year

Ralph

will butterworth
December 5th, 2006, 12:19 PM
clerk is dragging her feet, i shall discuss it further with her.Will-alabama Ralph---has your son or son-in-law made it home from Iraq.?

ralphscott
December 5th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Will, he got back on Nov 30 after 16 months, 12 in Mosul and 4 in Sadr City. Hopefully he will be back in the Rangers again this time in Fort Stewart. He was in the Rangers at Benning then went to Alaska with the Strykers. It will be good to have them all back in the lower 48. Kevin is my stepson and have known him since he was 7 years old, (a little over 23 years). He has the military in his blood. He is now a Captain and will be Major sometime next year.

Thanks for asking

Ralph

will butterworth
December 6th, 2006, 06:43 AM
and to be closer to home. Sounds like he is all army, I know you and Gayle are releived somewhat. Sadr City , best I read is a hell hole. Glad he is safe, I always pray for the safety of our soldiers.Will-alabama

ralphscott
December 6th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Thanks Will, don't want to hijack the thread. I'll make my contribution in Jan.

Merry Christmas y'all

Ralph

pgermond
December 7th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Patrick has updated the "Friends of Unique" link on the left side of the home page. Thanks Patrick, and thanks to everyone who has contributed and who plans too.

bittentoo
December 11th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Patrick, you should have received a snail mail donation by now, I would hope.

Kelly

pgermond
December 13th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Hi Kelly,

Did you hear back from Patrick?

pbrown
December 13th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Patrick, you should have received a snail mail donation by now, I would hope.

I have it. Thanks.

pbrown
December 13th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Will, I have yours as well. Thanks.

peter
December 14th, 2006, 05:33 PM
should have mine too

Justin Upchurch
December 14th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Thanks to everyone that has pitched in so far!

Justin

souzape
December 18th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Patrick/Justin- check sent via snail mail last week. Phil S

pbrown
December 18th, 2006, 09:37 PM
The FriendsOf page has been updated. Please make sure you are listed if you sent a donation.

Patrick Quattro - I need your user account so I can add you to the Contributors user group.

Thanks everyone.

patrija
December 20th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Sent mine in via Forum donation page and then Paypal. Didin't see a place to put in username. Thanks!

pbrown
December 20th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Sent mine in via Forum donation page and then Paypal. Didin't see a place to put in username. Thanks!

Thanks Jason. I got it. You don't need to enter the user name when using the subscription feature. The software knows who you are.

Anyone not using the built in system needs to tell me your username so I can give credit where credit is due.

Thanks All,

Brent
December 20th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Patrick,

You show me as a contributor on the 2nd page of this post, however, my name does not show on the "friends of" page.

Thanks

pbrown
December 20th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Patrick,

You show me as a contributor on the 2nd page of this post, however, my name does not show on the "friends of" page.

Thanks

I fixed it.

Brent
December 21st, 2006, 04:30 AM
Thanks

Have a Great Holiday!

Slither
December 27th, 2006, 11:02 PM
WOW... I last logged on here October 6... my how time flies!! I just waded through "524 new posts since your last visit." Yikes :eek: !!

I just PayPalled my meager contribution to Patrick, so count me in.

It is good to be back online... for the moment. We have had some telephone line issues as they replace/upgrade the infrastructure and we have been traveling. The good news is that they have put fibre optics underground in the neighborhood... should get better in the future, though who knows when???

We are in Florida for the Holidays. Hey Chris, how 'bout showin' off what that new motor can do up here at the Bithlo (Orlando) drag track. Did you get it repaired yet?

olblu66
December 29th, 2006, 08:34 PM
user name is olblu66

pbrown
December 30th, 2006, 08:25 AM
user name is olblu66

What is this for? Are you Patrick Quattro?

pgermond
January 1st, 2007, 07:40 PM
Hey Justin or Patrick,

This has been going on for a couple of months now..... out of curiosity, where are we with a $$$ amount?

pbrown
January 2nd, 2007, 07:28 AM
Hey Justin or Patrick,

This has been going on for a couple of months now..... out of curiosity, where are we with a $$$ amount?

I haven't been tracking it like in the past but I think we are over $1000.

Justin Upchurch
January 10th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Patrick,

How does this compare to last year?

Justin

dmswann
January 12th, 2007, 05:16 AM
I paid this morning via "Pay Pal".

Dennis Swann
FIA
S/N 9289

pbrown
January 12th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Thanks Dennis. That's apreciated.

Justin - We are roughly $1400 this year which is about $200 over last. This is great. I will be adding some much needed DRAM and bigger disk drives to the server.

ralphscott
January 29th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Hi Patrick, as I promised I have made my donation for this year. Please confirm that you got it.

Thanks for the great job you are doing !!

Ralph

pgermond
January 29th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Ralph,

You are a man of your word - no doubt about it. From me, and I suspect everyone else that supports this forum/resource through donations.... THANKS! :D

pbrown
January 29th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks Ralph. It's appreciated.

ralphscott
January 30th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Thanks Phil and Patrick.

Ralph