PDA

View Full Version : Turnkey for a war hero

weaver
September 25th, 2006, 01:24 PM
We are in the final stages of completing a turnkey car for a retired military pilot by the name of Henry Bourgeois, you may remember him by the name Frenchy of the Black Sheep Squadrine. Henry just turned 86 about a week ago and is about to have back surgery so we will hold the car for a little while so he can recover. The car has about every option we offer including a automatic transmission, it should be a great car to drive. I will try and post some pics of him with his car as soon as he takes delivery, enjoy.

dmswann
September 25th, 2006, 02:06 PM
He should have some interesting war stories and "bench racing" tales to talk about at Home Coming next year and maybe he can make Pigeon Forge.

TurnpikeBoy
September 25th, 2006, 03:06 PM
They build 'em tough down there....86 and buying a Cobra.

Next best thing to that F4U......go Marine!

eliminator
September 26th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Good for him!! Guess I can still drive mine for a long time.

Better buy some meatball stickers for the side, that will make him feel at home.

Russ Dickey
September 26th, 2006, 11:19 AM
From Corsair to Cobra - he's piloted all the legends!

Maybe you should put a few "kill" stickers on the side:

http://i17.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/47/f0/d8_2.JPG

juanone
September 26th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Hey Alan,

Now that is just awesome. To think of all the special people you guys have built cars for. Just think of it, that is quite impressive for Unique's history.

Those are precisely the kind of stories that should be more elaborate in some sort of news report like in a e-mail Newsletter from Unique to all of its clients, Hint, Hint.

Juan

Naumoff
September 26th, 2006, 02:13 PM
That is awesome! One of my favorite WWII squadrons.
Go Frenchie and get some "RiceBalls":cool:
I hope his recovery goes well.

will butterworth
September 27th, 2006, 06:24 AM
This old gentleman is honorable. I frequently see an old ww11 fellow in piedmont ,al. ,served in 101st air bo., was in Bastogne, battle of the bulge. Helped Mr. J.L. Holmes successfully sue the va for back pay and benefits to 1948--helped clean up behind Bataan death march, lost 57 lbs. left with weeping eye and mouth, va said he was not ww11 vet. at all.Been denied all these years. Mayby this old gentleman will grace homecoming next spring, like to meet him.Will-alabama

will butterworth
September 27th, 2006, 06:27 AM
This is a super good story for the local paper, Will-alabama

davebetts
September 27th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Nice feather in your cap to have someone, of this background, pick a Unique Cobra over all others. We know he still has good taste.
My best to the gentleman, hope to meet you, good luck with the surgery.

pgermond
September 27th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Many thanks to Henry Bourgeois, and all the others for what they sacrificed for the U.S. of A!

I'm with Rick... good to know I have another 30 years of driving this incredible toy :)

weaver
October 12th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Henry picked up his car today and is headed back to Louisiana, he seemed to be very happy with the way the car turned out. We took it on a short drive to go over everything and he was happy with the way it road and handled, it has a 351W with a C4 automatic and plenty of get up and go. He plans on driving it to next years Homecoming. Here a few pics of the car.

pgermond
October 12th, 2006, 04:39 PM
That's a beauty! Good for him :)

Unique 289_FIA
October 12th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Henry picked up his car today and is headed back to Louisiana, he seemed to be very happy with the way the car turned out. We took it on a short drive to go over everything and he was happy with the way it road and handled, it has a 351W with a C4 automatic and plenty of get up and go. He plans on driving it to next years Homecoming. Here a few pics of the car.

Hey, Alan, where in La. is he located? I'm in Baton Rouge.

Robert

weaver
October 12th, 2006, 06:57 PM
He's about 30 miles north of New Orleans, I'll check when I get to the shop tomorrow.

Alan

Justin Upchurch
October 12th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Now there is a man that has lived a full life.....and is still going. His achievments in life are somthing thany many aspire to, but few ever obtain.

Justin

juanone
October 13th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Alan,

You guys have done a great job on this guy's car, as usual. Awesome. The way you handle clients and the after sale service is great. What a great feather on your cap. I am quite sure your client is thrilled.

What color stripes?

Juan

will butterworth
October 13th, 2006, 06:50 AM
to see this old fellow next spring, and I like the car--color-stripes, engine -trans. setup, be fun to drive. Will-alabama