PDA

View Full Version : Ignition switch

Steve C.
August 30th, 2006, 03:57 PM
I had an ignition switch failure last week. No signals, no tach and no fans. tired in vain to find a better quality switch with out much luck. Thought a little about push button switches, bu tI am not into all the re-wiring. I noticed finish line sells a lucas ignition. has anyone tried theirs?
I also thought that maybe I could get an older model, dash mounted ignition switch from ford to use instead, say from a 65 +.- mustang?
Any thoughts?

Steve

Justin Upchurch
August 30th, 2006, 08:20 PM
I don't know that you need one that is "high quality" just another of the same that works. The one that came with my car had some problems, so I just went down to the hardware store an purchased 2 more. One to go in the car and another as a spare. I haven't had any more problems.

Justin

Master
August 31st, 2006, 04:48 PM
Steve, I had one fail and do the exact same thing. I went to NAPA and they had one in stock.

pgermond
August 31st, 2006, 05:42 PM
Damn! I must be living right... no problems with the ignition switch, brake light pressure switch, light bulbs, clutch slave, etc. One of these days the wheels will probably fall off, but all the accesories will be working. :)