PDA

View Full Version : McLeod Hydralic T/O Bearing Rebuild

Aggressor
August 2nd, 2006, 09:57 PM
I am looking into rebuilding my t/o bearing with the supplied O-ring seals that came with the unit. The rebuild is necessary due to the use of synthetic brake fluid which is working it's way onto my clutch assembly. Somehow I missed the part where McLeod does'nt recommend it. Has anyone worked with replacing the seals on their McLeod unit ?
- Geary

Brent
August 2nd, 2006, 10:16 PM
Yep

Takes about 2 minutes to rebuild.

Make sure you check the constant running bearing for play and do NOT submurse it in cleaning fluid to clean it. You will wash out the oil in the bearing.Just wipe it off and check for play.
Clean the housing and piston and replace the o-rings.
Lube the o-rings with brake fluid and re-assemble.
If you have the old style TO bearing with banjo fittings you should upgrade to the new fittings while you have it out.

Aggressor
August 2nd, 2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks Brent for the feedback.

priobe
August 3rd, 2006, 05:56 AM
This is alittle of the subject. I am about to install a tilton T/O and would like to know what should the pedal height be from the floor. I am worried that I will over extend the bearing and have to remove the transmission. Are there any tips or tricks I should know.

eliminator
August 3rd, 2006, 06:02 AM
Just sent mine back for the new upgrades. I think it was 55.00, totally cleaned new fittings, new o-rings, and tested. Then you get a new fresh set of o-rings with it. Can't beat a deal like that.
Like Brent said, very easy to disassemble and rebuild, the o rings will only fit one place.

Tony Radford
August 3rd, 2006, 10:35 AM
I put synthetic fluid in my clutch system and trashed the master and slave. Make sure you clean it out thoroughly.

spd4me
August 4th, 2006, 02:44 PM
I learned long ago that synthetic or Dot 5 is used only in show cars that never get driven.
Bob

Jerry Cowing
August 4th, 2006, 03:36 PM
It's OK to use synthetic, just don't use DOT 5. Use synthetic designed for DOT 3.