PDA

View Full Version : Front Coil Adjustment

Aggressor
August 2nd, 2006, 09:35 PM
I have finally decided to lower the nose of my SC. I was relatively successful in leveling the car with the front coilovers for a better visual balance. Before lowering the front coilover springs were just barely a snug fit to the bottom adjuster ring with the suspension at full drop. Now the car has a great look resting on it's suspension but the spring is loose from the downward adjustment at full drop.
Currently the wheel arch heights are: RR 26 1/2;
LR 26 1/2; LF 26 3/8 ; RF 26 3/4. These were measured from level floor to arch at wheel centers.
The springs are the standard units provided by Unique.
Now that I have a "level" baseline I could raise four corners 1/2 inch with coil adjustment at the front and shock plate spacers at the rear. The problem is the Right Front wheel arch which visually catches too much air at the 27 1/4 inch level and appears too "springy".
Currently the car runs fine in testing with a fully weighted suspension. I am uncomfortable with the idea that a good jounce or some unforeseen skyward movement would be handled with an unweighted 1/2 inch spring end-float.
Any ideas ? - Geary

eliminator
August 3rd, 2006, 05:39 AM
I think I understand what you are saying, when you jack the car up the R/F spring is not touching at the top, another word the spring is totally relaxed and not compressed.
If this is the case it makes no difference at all. With the correct lenght shock and springs with the correct spring rate and length most cars will do this front and rear (if it has adjustable coilovers on the rear). You would have to launch airborne for this spring to become totally relaxed, and if you do that there are other issues to worry about!!

Justin Upchurch
August 6th, 2006, 08:29 PM
If you do manage to launch airborne...........send pictures :)