PDA

View Full Version : hood props

olblu66
May 18th, 2006, 04:57 PM
I seen a couple of hood modifacations at the homecoming. Can you explain what al is involved. I saw ( what is called--expansion nuts-- ) Do you drill into the hood, install the expansion nut , use a threaded screw-- cut the end off-- and install a small nut cap on the end. Then get a small o ring to hold the latch to the hood. THANKS PAT.

eliminator
May 19th, 2006, 05:28 AM
Send an e-mail to member Ralph Scott, he has the whole package and very inexpensive. Yes, you do have to drill a hole in the hood to use the device.

Jeff 427
May 19th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Pat,
I got my set up from Home Depot. Very simple to install. What I used is actually a retainer that holds a screen in a storm door for your house.

It's a small threaded aluminum sleeve with a flange and a round thumb screw.

Drill the hood VERY carefully in the hollow area, test fit the sleeve and cut to length, epoxy sleeve in hole and screw the thumb screw into the sleeve (use some never seize on the thumb screw).

Get a couple of "O" rings (large one and a smaller one) hook them up and your done. I don't have any pictures to show you. I'm sure Rick or Ralph has some good pictures they will share with you!

olblu66
May 19th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Thanks you two. I'll check it out.

terryk
May 19th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Can anyone post a photo of this mod? Sounds interesting. Thanks.