PDA

View Full Version : Parking lights/running lights

Steve C.
March 14th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I have just completed all the wiring and connected my battery to check all my work. As for the lights, the headlights work, turn signals work and hazards work. However, the rear running lights do not come on with the head lights nor do the front running/parking lights. The light switch I have came prewired.

Any suggestions?

Steve Cook

Russ Dickey
March 15th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Steve:
Do the front parking lights come on when the switch is in the "parking light" position (without the headlights on)? On my car and most others I've seen, the front parking lights go off when the headlights come on. The rears should most definitely come on though.

Steve C.
March 15th, 2006, 06:18 AM
The front parking lights do not come on with the headlights off. The rear lights work only with the flashers and turn signals.

Steve

weaver
March 15th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Steve call me.

Alan

Steve C.
March 15th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Alan,
The culprit was me. the first place that you suggested I look was the license plate lamp. Because there were no bullet connectors I used a screw to fasten the brown wire to the connector. In doing so, I grounded the brown.

My next challenge will be the wipers. They do not work either. Will look at this weekend.

Thanks,

Steve