PDA

View Full Version : An FIA for Sandy!!!

JeepSnake
March 4th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Well, gang, we've been running with y'all for the last four or five years now, trailing along in a Jeep, Mustang, or Chevelle behind the "CobraDog 427" of Mom & Dad's. I guess that we'll still be trailing along, but now you'll see Sandy & me in 289 FIA #9367!

We had been talking about an FIA car for some time after finishing the Chevelle, but had really resigned ourselves to "maybe" getting a car "in a year or two." In the meantime, I looked at Club Cobra & Cobra Country ads every day at lunch.

And then John Haynie relisted his car on Club Cobra following the website crash.

So, after much scrambling for information, phone numbers, etc., plans were made and Dad, Sandy, and I headed for Augusta before daylight this morning. And, exactly 11 hours later we pulled back into our driveway with a silver Unique FIA car! We are just tickled to have a Unique, even if our appearance in the photos below is a little rough. Remember, those pics were made after a ~210 mile topless drive across the state of Georgia - we're just a little bit windburned at this point!

Anyhow, just wanted to share the news, and pass out a lot of thanks to the Weavers for helping us get in touch about the car, and to John for keeping this car in excellent shape, as well as being a great guy to deal with. (How many times do you see a car that's in BETTER shape than what the seller says it's in?!?) If you get to feeling blue about selling it, just remember the big grins you've helped put on the Butterworths' faces!

And, thanks most of all to Mom & Dad. I can tell you how Sandy & I appreciate y'all helping us with the details of getting the car and so forth, but the good Lord knows that doesn't even begin to cover all the things you have done for the two of us. I honestly don't have the words. We love y'all tremendously. (Greatly, as Cy says.)

So, check out the pics below, and we'll see y'all at Homecoming!

Sandy & Zach

juanone
March 4th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Hi Zack and Sandy:

Great news of your new purchase. Love that car. Now you are a member of the Kentucky Cobra Club. We couldn't have a nicer couple as members.

Zack send me photos of your car when you have a chance to take some good photos of it. Also send me details of the car's specs.

Send me your e-mail address and I will add you to the database and our directory.

Juan

Slither
March 4th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Congratulations :D ! Looks mighty nice.

TAGCAVE
March 5th, 2006, 05:12 AM
Congratulations Sandy and Zach Post some more details when you get time. See you at Homecoming.

Rodney

pgermond
March 5th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Congratulations! Two Unique's in the family..... nice :D

JeepSnake
March 5th, 2006, 03:34 PM
I'll post more in-depth later on... I'm just taking a break right now from getting the Jeep ready to show to a guy tomorrow. Hope I can move it this week!

It's silver (a Lamborghini mix, according to John), a mild 351W engine with Holley Commander TBI, Tremec 5-speed, Carreras all way round, Trigos, and the most interesting feature not in the photos - the LeMans fastback hardtop. As I said in my initial post, I can't say enough about how nicely maintained John kept this car, and how much information he provided. An absolutely flawless drive at 70 - 75 mph across Georgia - including through downtown Atlanta - speaks volumes!

Well, back to cleaning the CJ! Oh, and recovering from some of the worst wind & sun burn I've ever had on my face! :)

(Juan - one question regarding photos: we have a Canon Powershot S410, 4 megapixel camera. It makes great photos, especially in natural light, but when I resize them to 640 x 480 for posting on here, the detail & clarity is just destroyed. I'm using MS Photo Editor for resizing. Any tips on how to get them to downsize better?)

Master
March 5th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Congrats, I remember John's car from homecoming and it is very nice! Keep us posted with any mods or changes.

juanone
March 5th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Hi Zach:

That Power Shot is a great camera. You should have no problem resizing for display here. Make sure when you resize you optimize the images for the web. I don't know much about the software you mentioned. I use Adobe Photoshop and it has a feature that you can resize and save for the web wonderfully. When you resize make sure that you resize by total pixles, for example, 640 Pixels wide at 72 DPI. You should be able to end up with great looking photos at a great size. If you still have trouble send them to me and I will be glad to do it for you.

Juan

Justin Upchurch
March 5th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Fantastic buy! John Had that car listed WAY too cheap on CC. His description on CC didn't come close to doing the car justice after viewing it at home coming last year. This just proves that sometimes the right car finds you.

Justin

patrija
March 6th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Congrats! Anyone know what's up John's sleeve next???

eliminator
March 6th, 2006, 05:54 AM
Sandy & Zach,

I know you two wanted a Cobra for a long time....looks like it has happened.

The fun level just pegged out, looking forward to having you guys join us at Gadsden and Pigeon Forge in the nice 289 FIA car.

See you soon.

weaver
March 6th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Very good buy, a dealer in Florida built the car at a cost of $60,000.00 + for the original owner. See you at Homecoming.

Alan

will butterworth
March 6th, 2006, 07:06 AM
this a nice bunch, or what.Thanks Alan-Maurice for your help. Will see ya,ll at the wedding the 18th.Found a 351 w to build, still in old van, engineers in family have already specked it out, fixed a place to work, even polished tools and wrenches, don,t know if I will be able to keep up with pace.Homecoming, bring it on, family ,s getting bigger, Will-alabama

jhaynie
March 6th, 2006, 11:26 AM
No Comment

No really, I have a house at the beach that needs alot of work done. I wasn't using the car could use the money on the house instead. Wife wouldn't talk to me for a whole day. She is still a little upset with me.

Enjoy it Zach. I have for the last three years. And if someone enjoys it like I did, I don't see it as selling it for too cheap. I'm just glad to keep it "in the family" so to speak.

John

ALVRRROOM
March 6th, 2006, 12:14 PM
The post from Zach made Mom have to register for the forum. Will and I are blessed to have these two for children! We have great fun together; I am so happy for them to get a Unique for themselves. To add another small note, our younger son, Cy, will be getting married to Jana in Sept, and again we are blessed. Guess what! She likes Uniques also. See everyone at homecoming. Are we the only folks to have second generation Unique Cobras?

juanone
March 8th, 2006, 08:37 AM
ALVRRROOM (http://www.uniquecobra.com/member.php?u=1584):

Congratulations go to you and Will. You have done a masterful "BUILD" with your children. There is no Kit, original or otherwise that can top what you have achieved with your Boys.

Last year during Homecoming we, Cindy and I, had the opportunity to meet them and we were so impressed with their Dignity and Sense of Humanity. We are looking forward to seeing you, Will and the rest of your family during Homecoming.

See you then.

Our best,

Juan and Cindy

ralphscott
March 12th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Sandy and Zach Congratulations sorry I am late to the congrats party sounds like an absolutely wonderful car and a great deal. Best to you both.

Ralph and Gayle