PDA

View Full Version : Cruise to Homecoming

Mike Del
February 22nd, 2006, 06:17 PM
OK, So you're ready to ride....Let's go. Mike and Tom could use a little company on the trip, if you are up to it. Join us anywhere along the way. I start in Somers,Connecticut nearly at the Massachusetts border and meet Tom in Portland, Connecticut. We then continue through New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, and of course Alabama. We pass very close to New Jersey, Delaware and Massachusetts. We are not just fair weather drivers so a top would be helpful, but anyone is welcome. If you trailer you can come along too. (Wuss). Wicked fun for the adventurer though.

Mike

brfutbrian
February 22nd, 2006, 07:33 PM
mike, what day you guys heading out ? monday or tuesday? im planning on leaving tuesday 3 am., plan on stopping at the holiday inn in bristol va. (great place to stay , live entertainment at the bar every nite) tuesday about 5 pm. if we dont see each other on the road before that, stop in. if not, see you in gadsden on wednesday. tell tom to bring lotsa extra gas money for that big block, he`ll need it. later, brian.

juanone
February 22nd, 2006, 08:00 PM
When is Homecoming? I wish I could join you guys in what sounds like a fun trip from New England to Gadsden.

Juan

Mike Del
February 23rd, 2006, 05:00 AM
We are planning to leave on May 7, 2006. Weather conditions could alter departure day slightly. We aren't fair weather drivers, but we aren't stupid either. Homecoming is planned for May 11, 12, 13 (That is unofficial and to the best of my knowledge. After all, it's the Weaver's party. They will confirm.)

Brian, we like to stop at Martinsberg, West Virginia. There is plenty to do there. I'm sure we'll meet up somewhere along the way, either on the way down or on the way home like last year. Call me for info. I'm in the book.

Juan, join the fun. Throw some clothes in a duffel and bring your gas card.

brfutbrian
February 23rd, 2006, 08:51 AM
mike , where do you guys stop on tuesday nite? pigeon forge? knoxville? sounds like im not gonna be far behind you tuesday by noontime. later , brian.

brfutbrian
February 23rd, 2006, 08:52 AM
so who else is taking I-81 to homecoming?

Mike Del
February 23rd, 2006, 02:45 PM
Brian,
With a Sunday departure we will be in Martinsberg, West Virginia on Sunday night; Sevierville, Tennessee on Monday night; Chatenooga, Tennessee on Tuesday night; Gadsden, Alabama on Wednesday around noon. That's our usual schedule. We stay at a friend's house in Chatenooga and dine at the Big River micro brewery (excellent food and drink). We are open to modifications if the need arises, like if anyone takes us up on the drive offer. For the last thirteen years nobody has opted in.

Mike

brfutbrian
February 23rd, 2006, 05:11 PM
mike , i always thought you did the trip down in three days. guess we`ll meet up in gadsden. should be in early in the afternoon wednesday. later, brian.

cobracobra
February 24th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Brian, are you going down solo? if so i'd be interested....my car won't be done by then anyway(i know, i know, whats the hold up....)

-Mike

rdorman
February 28th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Sorry to say that I will not make it this year. Perhaps in '07