PDA

View Full Version : Quick Jack Info for FIA

RJacobsen
November 10th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Most of you know that my car must have spent some time at a chop shop. [V] Well, the mounting brackets for the front quick jacks have been removed :( :( Not a difficult thing to rebuild but I need to know how far the quick jack brackets (tubes?) extend from the body? Thanks

Rod
Roseville, Ca.
289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

bstandley1
November 11th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Rod,

I grabbed my tape measure and came up with the following dimensions:

Passenger side upper tube extends 2 3/8" from the body
Passenger side lower tube extends 3 1/4" from the body

Driver's side upper tube extends 2 5/8" from the body
Driver's side lower tube extends 3 1/4" from the body

I measured from the bottom side of the tubes as it protrudes through the fiberglass to the quick jack ... hope this helps.

Bob

clayfoushee
November 11th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Rod,

I'm no authority, but I often rely on a gentlemen who goes by the handle of Computerworks on various forums. He's a moderator on CC, pretty accomplished Cobra historian, and has a very large catalog of original CSX photos. He's also building an aluminum car that has been almost 3 years in the works because he wants every single part to be orginal, and some pieces are still missing.

At any rate, he posted this picture in answer to Tony Naumoff's question (same as yours) on quick jack spacing. It looks like they were very close to the body on most original cars, but I'm also sure people changed the rod length routinely because it's so easy. FWIW..........

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/clayfoushee/quickjacks.jpg

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

RJacobsen
November 11th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Thanks Bob and Clay, thats what I needed

Rod
Roseville, Ca.
289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"