PDA

View Full Version : Pictures for 427 Trigo Wheels

Gino
June 24th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Can anyone provide some pictures relative to the Unique 427 Trigo Wheel set-up?

Just trying to see if I like the rim or upgrade to the other option... The car color scheme will be black with titanium stripping..

Thanks to all,

Gino

pgermond
June 24th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Hi Gino,

Can't help you with the wheels, but I love the color combination you have selected.

These aren't Trigo's, there PSE's. What's the other option you mentioned?

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/pgermond/PSE rear wheel.JPG

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Naumoff
June 24th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Gino,
Here is a pic of my trigos. I painted the centers Black.My car is going to be Black with black strips:D
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/Naumoff/Hyd T.O. Bearing 007.jpg

I need to polish my spinners
Check out Homecoming 2005. lots of pics of cars.
Tony
Unique 427 #4279480 427s/o Nascar toploader 3.31 Jag IRS

Gino
June 25th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Phil,

According to Maurice, I can upgrade to a completely polished (chrome) rim. I'm thinking I like the look of the outer polished with painted centers...

Maurice did mention that more maintenance is required with the total chrome set-up...

By the way Phil, I love your color combination... That was my first choice but my boss and good friend has a Silver and Black Cobra and I thought the opposite color scheme would look cool in the parking lot :) He's got a superformance 460 and I look forward to "competing" against him with my Unique SA 427.... I'll keep you posted on the results!

Thanks for you input...

Gino

Justin Upchurch
June 26th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Phil,
Is your interior grey? It looks that way in the picture. Can you post more photos of your car or email them to me?
justinu@houston.rr.com

pgermond
June 26th, 2005, 04:02 PM
JU,

The photo was taken prior to completion of the interior. This link will most likely provide you more pictures than you want (but thanks for asking).

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/pgermond/

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Mike Geddes
June 27th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Nice one Tony.
Black with Black stripes...that will work.
Mike

Mike Geddes

pseim
June 28th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Tony,
I had thought about painting the centers of my wheels also but was concerned about how durable the paint over powder coat would be. Do you think it will chip easily?

Paul

Naumoff
June 28th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Paul,
Yes it probably will. I roughed them up and used prep all on them.
Then taped them off(real pain) then shot them with a High temp paint.

I was going to powder coat them before the tires were mounted. But they were on back order and didn't come before we left for Alabama.
So I had Lynn send the wheels directly to Unique.
I'll see how they do and when I go for new tires I will probably have the centers powder coated black.

Mike,
Don't steal my color combination now,:(I want to be the only one with a Black Cobra with black stripes!:D

Tony

Unique 427 #4279480 427s/o Nascar toploader 3.31 Jag IRS

nolastyankee
June 29th, 2005, 05:33 AM
Phil,
With regard to powder coating wheels, the answer is yes...It is much more durable than paint. We had ours coated and until it was done didn't realize how much more difficult a clean mask line was with powder coat. (Powder coat masks with high temp tape, and once in the oven there is no control of the flow of the coating...It takes a skilled coater to make a clean line on an open surface) Our coaters did a great job, but I still spend another 5 hours with sandpaper cleaning up the taped edge. Before you powder coat your wheels, I would recommend making sure there is a good corner or hard edge for them to use as a guide. This will allow some hiding of the edge, plus a solid reference for cleanup should you need it.

Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

wlewis
July 25th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Gino,
I have some pictures for you, but cannot figue out how to attach them to this forum thread. I recieved your e mail with your address, but when I sent pictures, recieved a message your account was suspended. If you'll send me an updated address, I'll try again. Walter