PDA

View Full Version : Brake pedal adjustment

sfapsey
January 31st, 2005, 11:14 AM
How do you adjust the pedal height of the brake pedal? Are the push rods that connect to the balance bar threaded? Can this be adjusted, or do I need different length push rods? The push rods are threaded onto the balance bar so how I thread the push rods in?

spd4me
January 31st, 2005, 03:25 PM
Get a mirror and look at how much threads are screwed into balance bar. You can unscrew the rod which in turn will raise the pedal but you need to make sure you leave enough threaded into balance bar. I had three rods made up at a machine shop that were 1-1/2" to 1-3/4" longer. After I got the petals in the desired position, I cut off the excess threads. Just remove the rubber boot, remove the snap ring and the rod will come out. The end in the cylinder has a large knuckle on the end. You don't want to get them to long or it may start pushing in on the piston at an angle.
Bob

scott
January 31st, 2005, 06:13 PM
the rods will turn by hand once you back off the nut on the threaded rod. you can get quite alot of pedal adjustment this way, i tried to get both rods threaded in the same amount. once you have the pedal to height you want tighten up the backing nut so the rod won't rotate