PDA

View Full Version : new corvette

dmiller
October 16th, 2004, 04:37 PM
went to local chevy dealer to see if a C6 was on the floor. they didn't have one, but when my little 289 FIA was discovered in the parking lot, the floor room cleared as everyone wanted to get a closer look.

something about "priceless"?

i'm considering adding one of these C6 convertibles. wife doesn't know how badly she wants one yet, that's going to be the task at hand.

doug

pbrown
October 16th, 2004, 04:45 PM
My wife says that she doesn't like Corvettes. Then one day, she comes home describing a "cute" red car she saw on the road. It was a red 62 Corvette.

I like the new C6 and think it would be a great addition to the garage. Just don't sell the Cobra to get it.

--Patrick

Patrick
---------------------------------------------
17.5K in the Cobra fund - I'm getting closer.

dmiller
October 16th, 2004, 05:10 PM
i think the cobra and my 1948 Luscombe airplane will be used to spread my ashes after i'm gone. so got to keep them both.

of all the corvettes the early 60's, stingray would be my favorite, she has good taste in cars,

dmiller
October 16th, 2004, 05:11 PM
meant to say pre-stringray

clayfoushee
October 16th, 2004, 07:34 PM
I took delivery of a new C6 week before last. I never liked Corvettes, but this one is different, smaller, faster (0-60 in 4.1, 186 top end, .98G skidpad) all for $50K. There's nothing to touch this car for less than twice the price, and it's hard to believe GM can sell this car for that price.

My Unique and C6 get along just fine.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

dmiller
October 16th, 2004, 07:43 PM
that's why i took my 289 to the dealer, just to see if either one got their hair up when in the area of the other one. i haven't been able to actually see a C6, all are sold before delivery. and i think i want a convertible.

how close to a "convertible" feel is the coupe with the roof panel off?

thanks

doug

clayfoushee
October 17th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Doug, it feels like a convertible to me with the roof panel off. Plus, it's easy on and off, and they designed a really nice cradle, that the roof panel locks into under the hatch, and doubles as a cargo cover.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

pgermond
October 17th, 2004, 11:59 AM
I'm still partial to the '63 split window. I had one back in the '60's, but had to sell it to pay attorney fees and traffic tickets before departing for South East Asia :(

The new C6 looks exciting, but have not seen one up close and personal yet.

I came across this photo at my mother's house a year or so ago. The one and only time it was ever near the posted speed limit [8D]

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/pgermond/1963 split window.jpg

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)