PDA

View Full Version : Red Ruby is back on the road

clinck
September 2nd, 2004, 05:36 PM
Yes, after 6 weeks of loafing in the garage with a broken clutch slave Ruby is back terrorizing the neighborhood. As some of you know I live in the boonies and I didn't have a way to fix the car without trailoring her into town. That didn't appeal to my checkbook.... or my pride.
I installed a garage lift last week and could finally get Ruby high enough off the ground to replace the slave. I am claustrophobic and can't get under a car with a creeper so I waited until my lift was installed and I had a good 5 feet. I'm in business now for sure.

In the meantime, I took title of a '65 Mustang GT K code coupe. Not fast mind you, but full of history and the 289 solid lifter motor is a joy to hear at full rev....Carroll sure knew what he was doing when he plopped that liitle puppy in the AC bristol. What a motor...

Sundown

pgermond
September 2nd, 2004, 06:57 PM
I was wondering what you were up to. Congrats on getting the car back on the road. The hydraulic slave.... push or pull? Any photos?

I'm jealous with regards to the lift. When I was building my car I must have done something comparable to 300 "squats" a day/night for months [xx(] But I did drop some lbs [^]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

clayfoushee
September 2nd, 2004, 07:05 PM
Chris, where ya been? Glad to see you back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (454-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

ralphscott
September 3rd, 2004, 04:01 AM
Chris congrats on getting Ruby back on the road. What kind of lift did you get? I'm not sure which type works the best for working access and ability to fit under Lil' Cobra? I am planning to purchase one and am getting ideas and opinions. Was your K code car raced (reference to lots of history)??

Ralph

KrAzEcJ
September 3rd, 2004, 04:04 AM
We need a thread with just one of your favorite pictures of each members car or cars. I would love to see what everyone has done. clink glad you got her up and running again, post a pic I would like to see Ruby!

PS: The mustang too!

Unique 4279459

casaleenie
September 3rd, 2004, 07:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by KrAzEcJ

We need a thread with just one of your favorite pictures of each members car or cars. I would love to see what everyone has done. clink glad you got her up and running again, post a pic I would like to see Ruby!

PS: The mustang too!

Unique 4279459

http://www.kentuckycobraclub.lbrllc.net/
Check out the Kentucky Cobra Club home page... Really a well done job with the pics...

AL

Master
September 3rd, 2004, 12:44 PM
My lift has been fantastic, what a time and labor savings not to mention alot safer. This is the one I purchased.
http://www.asedeals.com/low_rise_lifts.html

Scott
SA 428
3:54