PDA

View Full Version : charity ball

souzape
August 1st, 2004, 12:34 PM
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/souzape/DSC00327.JPG

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/souzape/DSC00332.JPG

Attended a charity function in La Jolla yesterday to benefit the San Diego Childrens Museum...lots of really neat automotive art work + Dan Gurney and Phil Hill were in attendance to sign tribute works. Gurney graciously accepted my request to autograph my dash. Wow! They really don't make 'em like that any more. Really successful as a driver in numerous classes and types of race cars including lots of Cobra wins + a builder/designer/manager on his own. Nice gent too.

KrAzEcJ
August 1st, 2004, 12:56 PM
Cool story and you have a beautiful car souzape!

gasman
August 1st, 2004, 05:12 PM
Not that you are interested in selling your car, but your resell value just took a serious leap. Very Cool.

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389

bittentoo
August 1st, 2004, 08:08 PM
Wow! That is one every nice car:D:D:D

pgermond
August 1st, 2004, 08:41 PM
Phil,

Veryyyyyyyyy nice. Sorry we couldn't make it... we added a new member to the family this week. Having spent some time with Phil S in Modesto in June, I can truthfuly say the photos don't do his car justice. Congrats on the signature - that is too cool [8D]

ps - did you overcome your rear brake light switch challenge? :D

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

ralphscott
August 2nd, 2004, 03:54 AM
Phil, What a beautiful car!

Ralph

eliminator
August 2nd, 2004, 06:08 AM
Nice car, I like the Dan Gurney signature[^]

Rick

souzape
August 2nd, 2004, 07:08 AM
Some after-thoughts. 1) thanks for the comments. If you ever have an opportunity to meet Dan Gurney, don't pass it up. 2) there were several folks there who had Shelby late series replicas and they were most unhappy with the quality of some of the components and especially unhappy with the follow-up from the Shelby organization. We are unbelievably lucky (as Unique owners) to enjoy the type of relations we have with the Weavers. The Shelby owners said that once you paid your money it was like you dropped off the face of the earth.
3)Phil G - replaced the brake light pressure switch and everything works OK. If it goes out again I'm going to start exploring another mechanism (switch on the brake pedal) to replace it. How's the puppy doing?
Phil S.

pgermond
August 2nd, 2004, 12:27 PM
Phil,

I won't highjack your thread with puppy pictures.... so you have mail :D

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

spd4me
August 3rd, 2004, 07:36 AM
souzape
Nice lookin 289. What's the color? I've oftened wondered how you can perserve an autograph on the dash?
Bob

souzape
August 3rd, 2004, 09:45 AM
Bob- color is a late model mustang tint called Mineral Grey...preserving the signature is an unknown. It was done with a permanent metallic marker. We'll see. Phil Souza

jhaynie
August 3rd, 2004, 10:40 AM
That is my favorite Mustang Color. Looks pretty good on a Cobra too!:D

Unique 289FIA #9367
351W Fuel Injected